Henry x Reader

The spell settled overtop us, and suddenly I saw Henry in a new light.

He was... handsome.

Never before had I thought of him as handsome. I mean, yes, he's cute... but not on this scale, not ever! He was my best friend! A girl should never get too attached to her best guy friend. Stories where the best friends fall in love don't actually come true.

Henry wasn't looking back at me. He was acting the same exact way as he had before. Why was that? By now I was sure that the spell the witch had cast on us had been a love potency type. Why wouldn't it affect Henry? I was sure that it had hit him as well.

"(Y/n), don't worry! The spell hasn't done anything yet! No effects, so maybe it was a dud so that she could escape." He may have been right about it being a distraction. The witch had disappeared.

But the spell had affected me.

Why wouldn't it affect him?

"But... you don't feel any different?" I ask, kind of self conscious now that- well- technically I was talking to my newly found crush.

"No... but wait, do you? How do you feel? Are you hurt?" Henry looks at me with concern in his eyes, and I feel myself fall even deeper second by second. It takes all my willpower not to just lean forward and kiss him.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!

"I-I, I mean-, I think I-... I think it was a love spell!" I finally blurt out after too many tries. Now it's just awkward... as if it hadn't already been.

"You... what?" Henry's eyes have widened, and a blush spreads on his cheeks.

"Wait, but you said it didn't affect you! Does that mean... you already liked me?"

There's silence for a bit, and I slouch into myself, suddenly feeling very insecure. What if I was wrong? What if it was just that I was so unlikable that not even a spell could make someone fall in love with me?

"No. I didn't like you," Henry pauses for a second as my heart falls further than it would have if I wasn't magically enhanced, "I love you. I'm sorry I didn't already tell you, (y/n), I just didn't know if you would react by punching me or kissing me!"

That was enough for me! I finally allow myself to lean forward and give him a kiss. When we both pull away, I see him just like how I had before the spell hit me. When the spell was in affect, he had been flawless. It was as if the light sprinklings of acne had disappeared, his hair was the perfect messy type, and his clothes fit him perfectly.

Now that I was somehow back to myself, I could see all his imperfections. But the feelings of affection hadn't gone away. Perhaps they had faded a bit because of the obsessive nature of the spell and the non-obsessive nature of myself, but my feelings for Henry were still alight.

I liked the flawed Henry in a better way; his imperfection was endearing.

It was as if Henry had noticed the sudden difference right away.

"Had the spell broken? Wait, for it to be true love's kiss, don't you have to actually love me without the spell? I mean-"

He doesn't get another word out. His lips are too firmly planted on mine for there to be any chance of actually speaking.

"I didn't know I felt that way about you before, I guess. The spell just brought it to my attention... Henry, would you be my boyfriend?"

"Wait! Isn't the guy supposed to be the one to ask the girl out first?" Henry frowns.

"Well, why not the girl? You know I'm not always the most traditional of people. In fact, you know me better than anyone. So, what do you say?"

"Yeah, I'll be your boyfriend. But I get to organize our first date, okay?"

"Whatever you say, you dork." I give him a quick peck on the lips, drawing away before he can even reply, "C'mon! We have to go let the others know that we encountered the witch again. And... also our new found relationship."

"Oh no- my mom is gonna kill me!"

"Huh? Why? And wait, which one?" I turn to run back to town, and Henry follows along, right on my heels.

"Regina, of course! She's so protective." He puts his hand to his forehead, "This is gonna be a bit of a shocker for her."

"Well what about Emma? What do you think her reaction will be?"

"Oh, she'll be fine. Probably say she was expecting it all along, to be honest."

_____________

Just a quick little thing I did with my own idea. No one requested it, but I really wanted to do another Henry one. It seems like everyone loves these ones and the Peter Pan ones the most. Send in some more requests! I think I have one more lined up now, then I'll need some more requests from you guys to do after that!

-Cara Kama xx