Zelena x Reader

It had been a while since anyone had passed by. Despite the fact that I was struggling to get up and my leg was obviously bleeding all over my skirts, no one had deemed me worthy to help.

Three people had passed by already, two men and a woman. Not even the woman, who should have at least some kind of nurturing nature fro when she has children, gave me more than a second glance.

"Please, help me! I think my leg may be broken!" I shout out, reaching out when I spot another person come into my field of vision. It's too painful to even shift my body, but at least my arms are still useful.

"What's the matter?" Finally, a genuinely concerned human being! The girl gazes down at me with wide eyes, her red hair covering half of her face in shadow.

She first tries to help me up, grabbing my arm and practically wrenching it out of the socket. I groan in pain, and she automatically drops it.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm not very good at any kind of human interaction. Um- I'm Zelena! I'm headed home to my parents, and they'll probably get mad at me if I'm home late, but I think this is more of an emergency. Now, I don't use this all that often, but here. Grab my hand."

A thin white hand is offered to me, and I grip it with all my might. I don't know how this is going to help me, but hopefully Zelena knows what she's doing.

Before I look up at Zelena, I shut my eyes for a moment, "My name is (y/n)." And I open my eyes to find that we're in a completely different location from the street we had been on before.

"Where are we?"

"This is where I go when I can't bear but not use my magic. My parents don't approve of it, you see. But sometimes I just can't help it, so I come here and just let loose."

"Oh... so how we got here was with... magic? That's really cool."

"I know, right? But no one else really has magic around Oz, so it makes sense that all the adults are afraid of me. I can't help being different!"

"I understand. I actually ran away from home. Maybe, you could come with me? But, I have to let my leg heal first. You don't suppose that magic could help with this too, do you?" I cast a hopeful grin at Zelena, the pain in my leg fading away for a moment.

"I can try! But, what if it just makes it worse? I on't want to hurt you even more!"

"Please try. I need to get back on the road. If I stay in one place too long, my parents might catch up to me."

"Well, alright then. If you say so." Zelena places both her hands on my leg, and suddenly a green glow begins to come from the palms of her hands and settle into my wound. It hurts more than the broken leg itself, and I yell out in pain.

"Oh, I knew I wouldn't be able to do it! I'm hurting you rather than helping you!" Zelena stumbles back, her hands drawn back behind her back and her head down as she avoids my eyes.

"Non, no. It feels better already," It does feel a lot better, just the process was painful. But it's better to have it heal now rather than on its own later, "Keep going. I'll get through it, and I need this healed as soon as possible."

She places her hands back on my leg after a minute, avoiding my eyes as the glow starts up again. I grit my teeth, but I can't help but let out a few whimpers at the pain. I'm strong though, and soon it's over.

"Thank you."

Zelena smiles, a small grin that I can barely tell is there. 

"So, do you want to come with me? We can both run away. I've been traveling everywhere! Ya know, there are other places rather than Oz in the world? The Enchanted Forest was where I lived before. It's so much larger than Oz! And it has a bunch of kingdoms, and even quite a few magical people and beings!"

Zelena breaks out in a large grin, but it disappears a moment later, "I can't leave my Mom and Dad... they took me in when they found me, and even though I have some complaints about them, every child does, don't they? I have to stay here."

She doesn't look very happy about that, but I figure I can't change her mind. She'll be able to leave soon. No child lives with their parents forever, so she'll be free of them in a ew years or so anyway.

"When you get away from here, come and find me. I don't think I'll ever forget you. Thank you for saving my life!" I grin, making eye contact with her wide eyes.

"You wouldn't have died... It was only your leg. But I don't think I'll ever forget you either. Thank you for accepting me, even though you barely know me."

"It's the least I could do for a friend."

"A... friend? I don't have any of those."

"Yes, you do. I'm your friend. And I always will be. Pinky promise?" I hold out my hand, the pinky already  notched out, set apart from the rest of my fingers.

"That's for children." But Zelena takes the promise with a large grin.

"Well, we still are children, after all."

"I really wish I could see you again."

"Well, wishes do sometimes come true, after all."

_____________________

Request: Zelena x Reader healer of injury of headcold (lol) PS- I made her younger, if you haven't already noticed

Dedicated to: @JadeLizAllen

____________________

Sorry I haven't updated for a while, guys! Summertime is time for binge-watching TV shows and camp. I've been busy with Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. Plus, I had a week long band camp and USF (college). So yeah...

-Cara Kama xx