Hook x Reader

You had been staring at the pages of your book for the past twenty minutes without a single word processing. Too busy thinking about your own life, you couldn't seem to focus on the life of the characters on the page.

The windows are blown open by the window behind you, scaring you out of your stupor. You put the book down and get up, leaning out the window to feel the breeze on your face. You go to close them but are stunned to find that someone is leaning back against the window pane, smirking at you.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful?"

"Who are you?" you ask, stumbling back quickly.

"Let's just say, your father and  I are... acquaintances." The man swings his legs over the windowsill, then offers a hand out to you. "We can do this the hard way or the easy way, love. Which would you prefer?" The man unsheathes his sword with one hand as he holds aloft his other hand, which is not a hand but rather a metallic hook, sharpened to a point.

But you're not about to just leave with a threatening and strange man. You scream out for help, bolting out of the room before the man can even process.

Your father, otherwise known as Rumplestiltskin or the Dark Lord, was out for the weekend, probably causing a ruckus out in some village or another.

Luckily, having lived with an unstable father had prepared you for any possible harm that could come to you. You knew all the corridors of this mansion like the back of your hand, and even if the strange man found you again, you would be able to handle yourself in defense for at least a little bit.

"I don't want to hurt you, I'm just gonna get you out of here!" He was still a good bit behind you, but both of you were going at full speed, and he was gaining on you.

"Yeah, right! Everyone targets my father! It was only a matter of time before someone thought to use me to get to him," you huff out, urging your legs to move faster.

"You're quite deceptive then, aren't you?" He slows down, finally stopping, which you only notice after you've turned another corner.

You slow your steps, even though your mind is screaming to keep moving.

"Let's make a deal. Yes, I came here to kidnap you to use as leverage against the Dark Lord, but I don't mean you any harm. Look, I'm Killian Jones, otherwise known as Captain Hook. And what's your name?"

"Why would I tell you?" you retort, hiding behind your corner still.

"Fair game. I am, after all, admitting to trying to kidnap you. Now come out from behind the corner. I know you're still there."

You move out from the wall, showing yourself to the strange man. Captain Hook, he said. Made sense, what with the shining silver hook that served as one of his hands.

"You hate it here, don't you?"

"I'd rather use the term despise. Hate is such a strong word. I want to see the world, but my father is so protective of me. I haven't left this castle in nearly a decade!" You slouch onto the wall, still aware of the man planted a few yards away.

"Then come with me? I swear I won't treat you as a prisoner. It's a win-win, you see? I get revenge on my arch nemesis and I get to see your beautiful face every day, and you get to sail the seven seas!"

Seriously considering the offer, you look for all the downsides. It could be a trick, but maybe it was worth it. Being a prisoner on a ship, if it came down to it, wouldn't be all that different from being a prisoner in your own home. The pros seemed to far outweigh the cons.

"Well, I suppose I really haven't much to lose anyway," you say, walking toward Killian Jones.

Just as you two are about to shake hands on it, your father winks into existence. He's standing right off to your side, giggling that evil laugh again.

"I sense a deal being made!" He gasps dramatically, "(Y/N), are you trying to leave me? You're going to leave your papa all alone to fend for himself?"

"You're more than capable. I'm just a liability anyway." You know that you can't outrun he and his magic, but you grab Killian's hand and make a run for it anyway.

By some stroke of luck, you're both able to dodge the first bout of fire that Rumplestiltskin throws at you. The next one you aren't so lucky. It catches your skirt on fire, but you smack at the flame before it can grow and it goes out.

"Do you do this very often?" Killian is running along beside you, his hand in yours.

"It's not a daily thing, but it's happened many times before, yes."

"It won't be happening when we get back to the ship." He steers you away from the course you had previously been taken, back to the room where you had first met, "I know a shortcut. My crew's waiting, and soon we can set sail and leave the Dark One behind."

"I look forward to that."

You arrive back at the window from which he had entered, and Rumplestiltskin was still far behind you. Hook offers you a hand up onto the window sill, where you notice a rope is tied that trails down to the ground, three floors below.

"Watch your step, love. Do you want me to carry you down?" He's smirking, but you get to smirk back this time.

"I can handle myself perfectly well, thank you." And with that, you fling yourself out the window, and toward a new life with a handsome pirate.

-*-

Dedicated to: 

Request: Killian kidnaps Rumplestilstkin's daughter in order to get his revenge on him

-*-

This was te first of the two contest Imagines. The next will be released... eventually. :P

-Cara Kama xx