Prologue

Well, well, well, what do we have here? This'd be the 3rd book in the Awoken series. A few things before I start:

1. Please read and FINISH the first two books before reading this one. There will be massive spoilers.

2. 1k comments on It's Not Over? Damn, that's awesome. Honestly I couldn't care less about the number of reads and votes anymore, but I absolutely love knowing that I have amazing, supportive readers that get really into the book and stick with me all the way through. Thank you so much.

And alas, without further ado, here we go. Enjoy!

~~~

Hmm..? What's this? Thought the pale green unicorn as she emerged from her shop below Cloudsdale. She picked up the paper thin package and turned it over in her hooves. There was no return address, nor a receiver name.

She took the mysterious package inside and trotted upstairs, cutting it open and sprawling the contents across the kitchen table. Several folded sheets of thick, blue paper fell out, along with a mechanical pencil, a flashlight, and a small note.

The pony unfolded the blue papers one by one, to find each and every one of them blank. The flashlight barely emitted any light, and the pencil didn't even seem to work.

She sighed loudly and surveyed the packaging again. They must have gotten the wrong address, I didn't order this, she thought. But there's no return address, who am I suppose to send it back to?

Her eye fell upon the note, and she used her magic to hover it over to her. 

Hello cousin,

How have you been? I haven't talked to you in forever. I'd love to meet up with you sometime, however it's sad that we live on opposite sides of Cloudsdale and I can never get over there.

However, since your birthday is coming up soon, I took it upon myself to get you that fancy paper you've been wanting for your scrapbook. Oh, that stuff is so expensive, but I thought that it would be worth it to see the look on your face when I finally see you again. Happy birthday!

~ Hendra Appleblossom

The unicorn wrinkled her nose at the letter. Definitely the wrong address. She didn't have a crazy cousin named Hendra Appleblossom. She didn't even keep a scrapbook, let alone want fancy expensive paper for it, and her birthday wasn't for another 4 months.

She glanced over at the stack of folded blue paper and shook her head. Whoever this package was really for is going to be pretty mad that their crazy cousin folded their fancy paper.

There was a click as the door swung open, and an earth pony walked in and set a large bag on the floor. "Hey Ty, I'm back from the library."

The unicorn laughed. "You mean your nerd sanctuary?"

He rolled his eyes and dumped his bag of books on the kitchen table. "No, I mean the library. You know, that place you never visit, that maybe you should give a try?"

"Nah, wouldn't be caught dead at my little brother's nerd hang out." She ruffled his hair.

The colt sighed and straightened his glasses, finding it pointless to argue with his older sister. "What's up?"

"Dunno. It looks like we got sent some other pony's mail. They've got some crazy cousin who wants to send them paper for their scrapbook and a useless pencil and flashlight. There's no return address though, so I'm kind of confused."