Chapter 4: Stronger

"Psst. Myst. Wake up."

I groaned in disapproval, still tired from staying up so late last night. I lifted my head from the computer desk, my hat falling off onto the table. I fell asleep at the desk...? Well damn, how uncomfortable is that? Then again, everything seems comfortable when you want to sleep...

I yawned and shifted my gaze over to Amber, who was lying on her bed a few feet away.

"Don't tell me you were up late."

I sighed and got off the chair, collapsing onto the ground in defeat. "Maybe."

"Ugh, it's like you never sleep."

"Sleep is for the weak." I yawned again, stretching myself out.

"What were you doing?"

"I spent 4 hours trying to find Silver Spirit's address."

"4 HOURS?! WHAT IN EQUESTRIA?! YOU STALKER!"

"It was worth it though." I held up the piece of paper that I had written it down on. "I got it."

Amber took the slip. "This is on the complete other side of Cloudsdale."

"Ugh, really? Think your dad can give me a drive?"

"He's already left for work. You'll have to walk, stalker. He's going to be real confused when some random mare shows up at his door."

I shrugged. "Ah well. He's the only one who I can get a description of the device from. The police don't seem to have plans to publicly release any pictures."

"Hmph. I'm calling Glaze to tell him where you are and why you're here."

"What? Ugh, no.... I'm going to get my ass beat when I get home if you do that..."

"Myst, he deserves to know you're safe. He was awfully worried about you yesterday morning when he thought you went missing."

"Yeah, well he already knows I'm in Cloudsdale, so isn't that enough? Is there really any reason to tell him everything else?"

"Yeah, because he's our friend, and he needs to know what's going on."

"Friend? Yeah, one that's going to beat my ass when I get home."

"You know he's going to be even more angry at you if you keep him in the dark."

"Tch." I cursed under my breath. "Whatever, go ahead."

Nodding in approval, Amber left the room. I could hear her talking softly outside, and I slowly got up and grabbed my hat from the desk, placing it back on my head and viewing myself in the mirror on the other side of the room. The badge is so shiny... I love it...

I ran a brush though my messy violet mane, then slipped my saddle bag on. I want to get going as soon as I can.

When the filly came back, she looked me up and down, seeing that I was ready to go and shook her head. "...Do you even know what time it is?"

I frowned, realizing that I didn't. "I dunno, like 8:00 or something?"

"It's 1:27 in the afternoon."

"What the hell?!" I was actually pretty shocked. "I slept for that long? Why didn't you wake me sooner?!"

"Cause the fact that you were lying passed out across my computer desk when I woke up told me that you stayed up late. Which you did, dummy. You haven't ate anything for almost 24 hours, so I'd suggest doing so before you leave."

I met her gaze, then sighed loudly and sit down. "You don't need to feed me. I'll feed myself."

"What's the point? All you'll be doing is wasting your own money."