Chapter 2: Redemption

I can't believe I'm doing this... I thought as I stood across the street from the bright neon sign of the most popular nightclub in Manehatten.

Nervously, I pulled my hood over my mane and crossed the road. Eying the line up of ponies outside the door, I ducked into an alleyway and sighed.

How am I ever going to get in without Glaze...? He said he'd sneak me in, but I said no, and now I'm standing out here with no clue on how I'm going to fake an ID of 18+.

Maybe they'd make an exception if they knew I was friends with one of the DJs...? No... I don't want to take the chance of getting arrested...

Slowly, I retreated deeper into the alleyway. Maybe there's a way in around the back, that nopony knows about... It's a slim chance, but hey, worth a try.

I made my way to the end of the alley and peered around the corner, seeing two stallions in thick hoodies standing as if guarding something.

Sure enough, I could hear loud music playing through the cracks in the door.
Hm, these two certainly aren't club staff, so why are they here...?

Slowly, I creeped out from behind the wall and stalked over to the back entrance.

"What's your buisness?" One of the stallions turned to look at me, and I froze in place, slightly intimidated. He's really big and muscular looking. I think maybe I have the right to be nervous.

"Is this an entrance?" I stood up straighter, trying to make myself look confident.

"Depends, you got 200 bits?"

I sighed loudly. So that's why they're here... They're trying to mooch money off this secluded entrance. Damnit.
"200 bits? Pretty sure the admission's only 20."

"Then why not go back to the front? Why you back here?" The other pony spoke up, watching me suspiciously. I subconsciously took a step back.

"Can't get in the front. I'm friends with one of the DJ's and I need to get in to talk to him, but I'm underage. Think you can help me out?"

"You got 200 bits?"

"Nah. You wanna lower the price?"

"Nah." He rolled his eyes. "Go home kid, this isn't a place for youngsters. How old are you?"

"17. I'm nearly old enough to get in, so you wanna help me out?"

"You got 200 bits?"

I growled and gritted my teeth. "I could call the police on you, you know. You're trying to illegally make money off of a company that's not yours."

"And you're trying to illegally get into a nightclub while you're underage."

I scoffed. "Fine, lets make a deal, I won't call the police, if you let me in."

"You got 200 bits?"

"AGHH." I stomped my hoof throughly done with this pony, and threw off my hood. "You wanna bucking fight?!"

"Yeah, sure." The other pony laughed and cracked his neck.

Shit. I really need to get out of the habit of telling ponies to fight me. I didn't think he'd actually say yes.

"Hey, hey wait a second, I know you, you're that Factory chick that died a few months ago or somethin'," stated his companion.

"Died? Do I look dead?"

"Nah, nah, Didn't you like, murder a few ponies or somethin'?"

I grinned. I could maybe use this to my advantage. "Yeah... Yeah, I did, and it wasn't pretty. You wanna let me in?"