Prologue

Prologue

[Ava's p.o.v]

"I can't believe your doing this Ava!"

Once again listening to my BFF, Mallory, over the phone. I know she wanted me to stay in America, but I just couldn't stand hiding my face there anymore.

"You know how hard it is for me and Avrie to stay in touch with you even in America," she yelled. "And then you just go off and live a new life. IN LONDON! I don't know what we're..."

Avrie was another one of my BFFs. I knew she was fine with me leaving just as everyone else was. I didn't have time to listen to Mallory complaining about how hard this was going to be for her and me.

"Okay, listen to me Mallory," I interrupted her mid sentence. "I will be fine. You will be fine." She started to talk. "No listen. You're talking to me right now. Besides I already bought my apartment, or whatever they call it here. So I've made my permenent decision. I am living here for the rest of the year or so. I will come back to America on every holiday, unless I am in the middle of something important."

She sighed, "Alright. Just promise me two things. One. If you meet any cute boys and they have an available boy that's a friend, call me straight away. And two. Call me a least once a month. I need to know what's happening, so if you don't call me I'll think you're dead or dying."

I smiled through the phone, and I could hear her giggle.

"I love you Mal."

"I love you too." She hung up.

I threw my crappy phone into the passenger seat next to me. Today is the start of my new life. I should make the best of it.