Chapter 27

[Dan's p.o.v]

     As I set up the camera in Phil's bedroom, him and Mallory were in the kitchen making beverages. Coffee for me and tea for them.
     After last night's dream, I felt energized. I felt like even after all this time, Ava could be alright. That dream connected me with her. She was okay.
     I decided to make a video with them after I knew I was going to be alright. She was always a fighter. Mallory even told me that.
     "Hey," Phil said. It made me jump. "Whoops. Sorry, did I scare you?"
     I scoffed, "yeah! Didn't you see me?"
     "Hey I said I was sorry."
     I smiled. "What do you want?"
     "I was-Mallory and I were wondering." He paused, "how have you been feeling?"
     I smiled and looked up from the tripod I was setting up. "What do you mean?"
     "I mean... are you sure you want to make this video? We can hold off, if you..."
     "Phil, I'm fine. If I wasn't I would tell you." I went back to setting up the camera.
     He stood there for a long time. Then he smiled. "Okay, great! I'm glad you're feeling up to this."
     "All of our followers and subscribers need to know what's going on." I stopped fixing the camera. "Even Ava's parents. They need to know sooner or later. They must be worried sick after not hearing from any of us."
     Phil walked into the room behind me. I turned around and he started to hug me, while... crying. "Phil? What's wrong?"
     "After I left Ava a while back I felt so bad, but she agreed with me when I said we should split up." I sniffed, "when you first met her, out on the street, I knew that you two would fall in love. I knew that no matter what, you two would do anything for each other."
     I was confused. I pulled away from the hug. "But why are you crying?"
     "After the way I treated her, the way I dumped her." he shook his head. "She still knew that you were different! She loved you! And-and the way you're acting right now is terrifying me."
     "Why?" I was genuinely worried about Phil.
     "You treated her like a boyfriend should. And I didn't, but because you did, she trusted me again. She even introduced her best friend to me! To date!." He looked at the ground trying to stop crying. The tears were coming to my eyes too. He looked back up and hugged me again, but tighter.
     "I just wanted to thank you for that, Dan."
     I felt the tears start to run down my cheeks as I held him as tight as possible. We both pulled away and looked at each other.
     "Well look at that!" I pointed to his shoulder. "Got your shirt wet," I said in a teasing voice.
     "Eh, it's nothing." He pulled out a tissue box. "Need one?"
     I pulled one. "Thanks." I wiped my eyes with it and blew my nose after. I felt less red now.
     Mallory then came in with tea and coffee. "Here you guys," she said after handing us out mugs. "Are you ready?"
     I looked at Phil and said, "yeah."
     Mallory sat down on the bed towards the back. Phil sat down to the left of her when I reached to press the record button. I stopped before I did.
     I took a deep breath and forcefully pressed it. I walked back over to the bed and sat down towards the right of her.
     We all said our intros, only a little less happy.
     "So," I state. "You've probably all been wondering what's been happening."
     Phil chimed in, "it took us all a while to gain confidence to make this. It's hard."
     "You've probably seen that some of us haven't posted anything in over a month and a half," Mallory said.
     There was a long pause as we all didn't know what to say next. It was so sad to think about. I finally decided to say something.
     "Ava... she hasn't really been doing well."
     Mallory looked down at her cup. She mumbled, "it's the reason she's not in the video this time."
     "We've... all seen her at the hospital." He stops, trying to hold back the tears. "They say she-she might not make it."
     I felt the tears coming in my eyes too.
     "We're going to try and go today," Mallory piped in. "We haven't seen her since it all started."
     "If we can't go see her later today..." Phil trailed off.
     "We'll all try to keep you posted on what happens," I say, biting my lip. "It's going to be a long ride."
     We all say our outros and I turn off the camera. "I don't think that needs any editing," I say.
     "Yeah," Mallory says. "We don't want it to look like it was scripted. It sounded sincere."
     I looked down at the camera in my hands. A tear fell and landed on the camera. Phil sounded worried, "do you want me to post it?"
     I hand him the cam and wipe my tears while nodding. "I just need some time to myself."
     I walked to me room and closed the door. Lying on the bed I thought about everything that happening. Ava, our situation with our relationship. Absolutely everything.
This is going a very long ride.

A/N: hey peeps!
These next few chapters are going to be really emotional. I can't even write them wit our having a mental breakdown. That's why I do most of them at night so nobody can see me.
Anyways, hope you all have a lovely day/week!
Later👋🏼