Chapter 6

Warning: this chapter contains a lot of emotions. Tread carefully.

[Dan's p.o.v]

     I wake up, my face a mess. Dried tears down the side of my face. I start remembering what happened last night. I look over at my clock.

9:43 am

     I stay in my bed for the next hour, trying to go back to sleep. When I finally decide to go out and get my morning coffee, I walk into the kitchen and see Phil standing over the counter, making toast. He looks over and sees me. "Hey, Dan," he says softly as he puts the butter on one piece. "How'd you sleep?"
     "Not very good," I say. I pause and look him straight in the eyes. "Can I talk to you... About last night?"
     He stops and puts the knife down. He tries to avoid eye contact. "Look I didn't mean to..." He started to explain.
I put my hand up and talked, "I know, Phil. I just need to talk to you about Ava." He looks at me and nods.
     We go into the living room and sit down with piping hot coffee in our hands. I look at Phil and talk about last night. "Look," I said. "Ava told me how you two met and that you and her dated." He nodded slowly. I tell him, "she said last night that since you freaked out..." I paused, trying to hold back the tears in my eyes. "Okay." I looked at him with tears building up in my eyelids. "My question is, why did you freak?"
     He looked down at the cup in his hands. "The reason I freaked out was because I couldn't handle the thought of you leaving." He swallowed hard, "so, when I saw you kissing her, I couldn't bare the thought of her dumping you and... and you being... Alone for the rest of your life." He paused and looked up at me.
     I was staring at him. Why? thought, why would he think that?! I leaped and hugged him tightly. I whispered in his ear, "I would never leave you Phil." I started crying, "just because I got a girlfriend doesn't mean I will leave you. You have been my best friend for over six years, almost seven." I pulled away from him, and he was crying as much as I was. "And even if she would dump me, I would have you to comfort me and... keep me in a good mood." I looked him deeply in his eyes. "So don't you ever think that I would leave you! Not one bit!"
     "Thank you," he said. "Th-That means a lot to me."
After calming down each other a little bit, I asked, "so, Ava said that until we figure this out..." I paused trying not to start crying again, "until you figure out your decision, that me and her should take some time apart. So I need to know what that is going to be."
     He looked down at his feet taking some time to think. He looked up and finally said, "I am fine with you dating her, now that you explained that nothing would happen that would make us grow apart." He looked up at me and told me, "but I need you to ask her something."
     I smiled and nodded, happy that he was coming to his senses that everything was going to be fine. He asked me, "I was wondering if you could ask her if she... has any friends that I would probably be interested in and that the girl she knows, would be interested in me."I looked at him with wide eyes. He begged, "please? Even if she doesn't, I will still be okay if you date her."
     I said, "okay. I will see what I can do." We hug each other and go into our rooms to relax in our pj's for a bit.

A/N: Hey guys! So I asked in the last post if you wanted me to post all the chapters I had so far. Only one person commented (which kinda makes me sad because that tells me nobody else cares) and they said to do it. And I'm going to
But tomorrow and Sunday, I am busy. Or at least until 1 pm on Sunday. So I will post chapters in between my errands.
So until then, see ya later! Hope you had fun reading this chapter.
Bye👋🏻