Chapter 18

[Ava's p.o.v]

*one week later*

     This morning, I wake up with my laptop in my lap. I must've fallen asleep in the middle of my tumblr scrolling, I think to myself.
     I sit up and open it. Just as I thought, I was logged on tumblr. The home screen had pictures of people being dumb, Supernatural scenes with fan art, and a whole load of other stuff.
     Twitter was opened in another tab. Why would that be active? I don't remember what happened. It had logged me out when I switched the tab last night I'm guessing.
     I click 'log in' and scroll around a bit for new updates. I found a few from my sister, one from my friends back at home, my parents, etc. One that really surprised me was a tweet posted by me.

Hey peeps letting u know im doing a tumblr tag sometime this week tag things w/ #YouGottaSeeThisAva

     When did I post that?!
     My mind was racing. I never, ever wanted to do a tumblr tag! I always knew it would be so bad and weird if I did one and posted it on the Internet. Good golly I don't know what to do! Now I can't take it back because I basically promised my subscribers that I was going to.
     I keep scrolling on Twitter to see if I can find anything to help refresh my memory. Many people posted updates on what they were doing, so it's hard to find anything specific. Until I come across my direct messages.

Yesterday 10:20 PM

Dan: hey sweetie go check ur YouTube account

     I did as I was told. My heart was pounding. What happened? I screamed a thousand thoughts in my head. They were telling me to not go into it and go ask Dan. I looked at the clock.

8:28 AM

     That idea was out the door. I knew Dan was still sleeping, and so were Phil and Mallory. So I can't ask anyone.
     The second thought was to come back to it later and ask Dan what happened. No. I want to know now, I thought. My last option was to check it.
     I could feel my body shaking as I moved the cursor over the new tab button. I steadily click the mousepad, then the url bar. I typed youtube.com slowly. Checking ever letter that came up. I softly pushed 'return'.
     My YouTube home page came up faster than I wanted it to. My heart was pounding out of my chest, forcing me to breathe even harder. I dragged my finger across the mousepad, finally reaching my channel page. Carefully looking over it, I saw no signs of a new video posted by anyone. Nothing changed with the videos.
     Scrolling back to the top, I see something different. Something off.

Avahasnothingnew
> SUBSCRIBE  1,000,589

     My throat tightened. Could this really be? I thought to myself. I reloaded the page over and over again with tears forming in my eyes. On my final reload, I looked at the number again.

1,000,593

     I started to quietly sob happy tears. Hugging my pillow, all I could think about was how I would handle becoming who I am today? How will I cope with everything that has happened in the past few months?
     I finish being a sob-fest and get out my camera. I hold it in my hand and press the record button. Taking a deep breath, I quietly speak to the lens.
     "Hey my peeps. First of all, the reason I'm speaking so soft is that Mallory is still alseep right next door. So I'm gonna let her sleep for a little longer." I started to smile so big, I looked like the joker. "Second, I am so happy and glad you all have supported me so far! If you haven't seen it yet, I've reached one million subscribers!" I do a quiet, breathy scream. Okay, I think to myself. Going to put something there to show I was being quiet. Not just some freak-show.
     "To celebrate," I continue. "I'm going to do a day in the life of Mallory and Ava. We might have Dan and Phil in it too! So I will see you all in a little bit since it will just skip the hours that I have to wait." I wave with my free hand. "Later!"
     I press the record button again to stop and I close the camera. My clock reads:

8:37 AM

     I try to fall back alseep, but I couldn't. My brain kept me awake by sending thoughts for today's schedule. We should go somewhere with the boys. No, no. That'd be ridiculous. Although it would give us something to do. I couldn't stop. My mind just kept going.
     We could also do a reaction video on Mallory's channel. But for what? Reaction to comments. I don't know, maybe a video for a 'never have I ever'? Brainstorming hurts sometimes. And it makes me hungry.
     I look back at the clock.

9:07 AM

     The anxiety was killing me. I got up to see if I could do anything to kill the time. It then popped into my head.
     Swimming. That always clears my head. I had the day off from doing anything, but this was a big surprise. I could also text Dan that I was going to be at the pool. My best guess would be that he would do a surprise video recording session.
     I grab my swim bag filled with my towels, suit, caps, and goggles. I always need to to be prepared if my cap or goggles break. My towel might get wet at some point.
     This will also be new for Dan. He has never seen me swim or in a swim suit.