Chapter 20

[Ava's p.o.v (only doing D's and A's from now on)]

     Dan, Mallory, and Phil were still sitting on the bleachers when I finished my last lap. Mallory sat there smiling like she knew that was coming. Of course, she has seen me swim a million times before, so I wouldn't be surprised. Phil was filming the whole thing on his camera. Guessing he's gonna send it to me for my video, I ignore it.
     Dan on the other hand sat gawking at me for a good two minutes as I sat in the water for a while longer. I closed my eyes. Breathing in and breathing out was the only thing I knew how to do in the water. Well, besides actually swimming.
     I opened my eyes after a few good deep breaths. Dan was still staring.
     Sometimes he can be a bit odd.
     I grab onto the block handles above and pull myself out of the water with ease. Snatched my water bottle and walked over to the bleachers to get my bag. Making sure I don't slip, I slightly speed walk over to the gang. (a/n: yes I said gang. Get over it.)
     I smile at Dan. "Guess you weren't expecting that, were you?" He shook his head.
     "I didn't think anybody could do that besides Michael Phelps until I saw that!" He looked straight into my eyes and stood up. "See," he said. "This is why I love you." He grabbed my waist and I put my arms around his neck, getting his shirt wet. "You always reveal new things about yourself everyday."
     "I think there's a lot more things you don't know about me Dan," I taunt him.
     Soon after, we sunk into a kiss, but this one was different. It was deep. Passionate is probably the right word for it. I brushed my fingers through his hair. It is always so soft.
     The moment was broken by Phil and Mallory saying in unison, "get a room!"
     We broke apart and put our foreheads together. I started smiling at him as we held hands. I held his head in my hands and started saying, "I will go change and we can get going." I give him a soft peck on the cheek.
     He blushes and does that dimpled smile he always has. "O-okay!" He laughed.
     I grabbed my bag and chuckled at the cuteness. "I might take awhile, as I need to wash and dry my hair," and I walked over to the technical lockeroom.
     Their were a few toilet stalls all along the first wall you see. Across from them was a row of automatic sinks and soap despensers. The room next to those was where the lockers were.
     I placed my bag on the bench near the lockers. I checked to see if my necklace was still in the bag. Yep! Still there. I grabbed my two-in-one shampoo and conditioner and headed for the showers. My hair was as thick as I could be and wasn't giving up easily.
     While I'm washing my hair, I hear the door open and close very quietly. Suspicious, I thought. It's probably wasn't Mallory so I kept quiet. Hearing a bag plop down and a zipper opening, I estimated it was just another swimmer. The person then zips the bag back up and walks out of the room.
     What was odd though was that they came in with clanking shoes and walked out with them on still. They also entered and exited through the back door.
     I finish rinsing my hair and return to my bag, bottle in hand. Walking over I see my blue bag and open my top pouch to put my shampoo back in.
     When I saw the inside I started having a serious panic attack.
     This is not my bag!
     I look around the room to see if I had put it somewhere else. Nowhere. I check the bag to see if my necklace was there.
     Gone.
     I ran out into the pool area in my swimsuit and started tearing up. Everybody stood up and asked, "what's wrong?"
     "Somebody came in the room while I was taking a shower and stole my bag!" I said that a little but too quickly. I continued, "with everything in it."
     Dan looked at me straight in the eyes. "Do you still have your drop necklace?"
     I looked down starting to sob. He hugged me and cradled me. "Don't worry sweetie." He said to me, "me and Phil will go track this snatcher down and get your bag back."
     I looked up at him. "You promise?" I say through sniffles.
     "Promise."
     I checked for any life guards and lead them into the girls room. I knew there was no one in there since I was just in there a few minutes ago. I pointed to the back door the strange person exited from and the boys went out and tried to find the person.
     Mallory stayed with me to comfort me. She wrapped me in a towel that was in one of the unlocked lockers. I laid my head on her shoulder and she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Do you think," I said, still crying and sniffling.   "Do you think they'll catch them?"
     Mallory sighed, "I don't really know Ava." I started to cry more. "I know the main reason you are crying is because of your necklace. I know how much that means to you."
     I nodded. She continued, "but it doesn't mean that he won't get you a newer one! Maybe a more special one?"
     "I don't want another one!" I shouted, "that one was perfect and I didn't want it to change!"
     She went tense after I had said that. "I'm sorry Mallory," i apoligize. "I just needed to get that out."
     She chuckled. "It's alright. If this happened to me, I would probably the same way." She paused. "That's why I'll  always be here for you."

A/N: Wow it's been a little while! Thanks a bunch for reading! I'm really busy at the moment so I don't really have much to say.
Anyways, have a great week!
Bye👋🏼