Prologue.

Lea exhaled heavily as she drove the back of her hand across her forehead, wiping the small beads of sweat covering her heated skin.

She was in a very foul mood, given the fervor with which she hated the summer. Especially when presented itself with such high, atypical temperatures.

The cabin of the truck was a freaking inferno, and the wind coming from the open window wasn't helping at all; if anything, it was making this entire ordeal even worse.

Not only the air blowing in her face was hot and humid, but it was also making a mess out of her curls. And not the fashionable kind of a mess. Not at all.

And to make things even more tortuous, the cargo she was driving with was far too delicate to endure such conditions, and that only added more stress to the mix.

But she could see some really dark clouds forming on the far horizon, right in front of her.

Soon, she hoped, this unusual heat wave shall be over and all of the people of Cheshire could happily go back to their normal, very much missed weather.

But she wasn't an asshole. Not a complete one, at least. So she just prayed, to the extent her believes - or lack thereof - allowed her, that the storm would wait until the wedding was over to swing its blow.

No matter how miserable she felt at the moment, it was evident that too much work had been put onto this event and she wanted it to go perfectly. Even if she did not know the couple personally.

Or even at all; because the truth was, she didn't know anything about it, nor anyone else, aparently.

The mystery wedding, as the ever so clever people in town had been calling it for months, was about to take place in less than three hours and she still had no idea where the venue was actually at.

All she had was the instruction to drive to the entrance of Congleton and meet a security employee named Francis, who would lead her to the right place.

Of course, like any other eighteen year old girl living in a small town where nothing ever really happened, she was dying to unveil the identity of the bride and groom and with that, the reason as to why they had to go to such lengths to keep the ceremony under the thickest of wraps.

But since every enquiry she made around town for the last couple of days came out fruitless, she just had to wait and see.

Maybe royals? She thought at some point, though she quickly dismissed it. No disrespect to the lovely county she was born and raised in, but there was no way it could ever be chosen as a venue for a royal wedding. Nor her mother's small flower business would be in charge to decorate it either.

And given that the arrangements that had been order were simple and not too many –just a few centerpieces and the bridal bouquet– Lea came to the conclusion that the ceremony, thought it was well-guarded, it was also very intimate and small.

"I'll just have to wait and see, I guess." She said to herself as she continued to drive, taking a turn where Chester Road became Holmes Chapel Road. All she had to do was keep driving straight ahead and in less than twenty minutes she should have her answer.

Another sigh escaped her heat swollen lips, and the wind kept playing through her flaming locks as she began to see the edge of Congleton taking shape before her eyes.

She had lived in Middlewich her entire life, and she had made this drive more times than she could count, since she had been helping her mother with the business since she was able to drive, and before that, she would ride along with her since the age of fifteen. So, it was safe to say that she knew both towns and the one in the middle –called Holmes Chapel– like the back of her hand.