Chapter Twenty-Two: Touch and Go.

My heart would play the role, and act like its never been broke.

*****

I cling to Jasper's arm like it is the only thing that can keep me afloat and from drifting away in this ocean of anxiety I'm swimming in.

I bet he can smell the fear oozing from within me as he holds me tight against his side, gently but firmly dragging me through the door.

"You'll be fine. I got you." He whispers in my ear as we step inside, and I huff sarcastically.

Of course I won't be fine. Not if things play out like I expect them to. And it's not like I'm not ready to face whatever lays ahead of me tonight, it's just that I'm not exactly looking forward to it. But I have to do it.

All I need to do is walk in, find Harry and talk to him. I'm just glad I brought my support system with me.

The first thing is already done; we are walking into the bar and it is already buzzing with loud music and people practically screaming over it so they can hear each other.

As we carefully make our way through the crowd, I can't help but notice that some of these people definitely look pretty familiar to me. But since I'm not one of those who can put the right faces and their proper names together, I fail to fully recognize any of them.

"Lea... Where are we?" Jasper asks closely to my ear, and I can already sense the excitement in his voice.

I don't respond, because I don't think I know the answer to his question. But I just slowly unhook myself from his arm and begin to wonder around the place on my own.

"Don't leave me alone with these people!" He shouts as he strides to where I am, catching up with me in no time. "Or I'll end the night with a bunch of restraining orders..."

I can't stop myself from letting out a giggle as he scans the room in pure awe. No matter how bad and tense things are, it is always funny to witness a proper fangirl moment. Or in his case, fanboy. If that's even a word.

"Olivia will have a freaking starsgasm when she gets here." I say between chuckles. And Jasper's face goes serious.

"You didn't tell me she was coming. You know how much I hate her." He states the already obvious to me.

"Why wouldn't she? This is like a freaking nirvana to her."

"What? Nirvana? Where!?"

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Is all I manage to say. Evidently, all these star seeing has thrown Jasper into a pool of idiocy.

"Right... Sorry!" He chuckles. "Now, let's focus. Harry Styles, where are you my rugged, breathtakingly gorgeous man?"

I slap him in the arm hard enough to hear the sound of my hand meeting the target over the pumping music. And he shrieks.

"You're here!" Louis is standing between the two of us and I look at him in shock because I hadn't seen him approaching us, and I fear that he might have heard Jasper's words. But he seems oblivious to them. "So glad you could make it." He says after giving me a quick hug and shaking Jasper's hand. "Where's the infamous boyfriend?" He asks, taking a look around.

He frowns at me, clearly confused by the fact that I'm only here with my friend. But I simply shake my head, letting him know that it's just the two of us and he shrugs nonchalantly.

The truth is that I backed down on inviting Andy at the very last minute. Ever since Liam said those words about me messing with Harry's head, I kept wondering if I should bring him or not. And by the time I was ready to go out the door, I finally decided to fly solo. Or at least without him.