Epilogue.

Saying goodbye to each other was one of the hardest things they ever had to do.

But as they would cling to one another in an endless embrace, they both new it wasn't a goodbye but an 'I see you later'. Although, of course, that didn't mean it was any less painful.

She had a lot of things running through her head; the certainty that missing him was going to be unbearable, the long way back to doing what she loves laying in front of her, and the struggle she would have to endure to keep her life in the city as unaffected as possible.

He, on the other hand, had one thing and one thing alone in his mind. He was already starting to count the days before he gets to see her again.

"You need to go now, Harry." She whispered in his ear, but still hugging him tight.

"Just one more minute, all right?" He replied burying his face right where her neck meet her shoulder. "I'm trying to take you all in."

She smiled and nodded slightly, lifting her hands up to his head. When their eyes found each other, she closed hers and kissed him.

Slowly and thoroughly, they kissed to the point of being breathless and still kept going. The urge of taking it further was building up inside both of them, and they cursed at the fact that there was no time for that anymore.

"Okay. I'm going now."

They let each other go ever so reluctantly, and as he made his way towards the door, Lea both cursed and appreciated the fact that she just couldn't run and jump into his arms.

"I'll be back before you even get the chance to miss me, I promise." He said, barely looking at her and with half of his body already at the other side of the door.

She smiled in silence, blinking the tears away and hoping they would stay at bay long enough for him not to see them.

She wanted to say she was already missing him. She wanted to yell at him that he should just stay and be with her. She wanted to run and pull him back into the perfect bubble they had been living for the past month and never step out of it again.

And he wanted her to do all of those things, too.

But neither of them acted on those impulses. Instead, she stood still and quiet and he simply closed the door behind him, and never looked back until he was already in the car that was going to take him to the airport, where a plane ready to put countless of miles between the two of them was waiting for him.

I forgot to tell you something, but I don't know if I should say it like this.

He quickly typed the message before someone from the crew could see him.

He was so busy feeling it; he never actually said it out loud. And he knew it would eat him from the inside out if he didn't let it out.

Then tell me when we see each other again. Okay?

The reply came almost as soon as the message was delivered. She was staring at her phone, wondering if she should text him or not, when the screen lit up with his name.

Okay, but I really need you to know.

She grinned and wiped the tears off her face as she read. Her fingers were trembling as she wrote back:

I do. And you need to know it, too.