Chapter Thirteen: ~Live While We're Young~

I know we only met, but let's pretend it's love.

*****

This is going well. More than well, really.

I'm laughing with him, sometimes even to the point of having to wipe small tears from the corners of my eyes.

I feel at ease around him, at least as much as one can feel on a first date. And he's being everything I've ever imagined him to be.

Except maybe a little bit more awkward than I expected; but that is actually a good thing, since it took the pressure right from the start.

In class, which is pretty much the only place where I would see him until today, he always seems so confident and precise; I would have never guessed he could be anything different outside that room.

And I know that if my mind hadn't been so preoccupied by the other stuff that happened yesterday, I would have been freaking out like a maniac over this date.

Going out with him, whom I consider the best dancer in our class - even better than Jasper, who's ridiculously gifted -, should have made a mess out of my nerves, if they wouldn't be so destroyed by Harry's presence already.

Harry.

I have to say, I barely thought about him tonight. And whenever he did manage to slip through the cracks of the wall I've built between him and my conscience, I just found myself pushing him away rather effortlessly.

That's how good this night is turning out to be.

"You are a disgrace to this school, Mr. Sanders!" He shouts, doing a very lame impression of our professor. "How you managed to get in, is beyond me."

I laugh loudly, covering my mouth when I realize that the couple walking in front of us turns their heads to look in our direction.

"For what is worth, I think you are incredible." I say when my laughter dim s out, and I can feel my cheeks blush a little. "Watching you dance is just..."

I can't make it through the end of the sentence because something else manages to get my attention.

At first, it is just a subtle brush of the back of our hands. But seconds later, I can feel how his fingers begin to timidly tangle with mine.

I like the feeling I get when he finds the confidence to tighten his grip a little. And folding my fingers to welcome his gesture, I simply look at him with a smile.

"Coming from you, that compliment means one hell of a lot. I've been admiring the way you move for months now."

We walk in silence for a while, our hands never letting go from one another. And every time I would snatch a glance in his direction I would find his lips curved into a quiet, unfaltering smirk.

"This is me..." I finally say, slowing down my pace and stopping right by the door of my building.

Most of the things I know about dating comes from movies, TV shows and magazine articles. Of course, all of that is basically a whole load of crap so I really don't know what to do at this point.

It's not that I never went on a first date before, but the last one I had was three years ago and I ended up dating the guy for two years.

We broke things off a few weeks before I had to flight to America, sparing ourselves the long distance ordeal that we both new wasn't going to thrive.

It hurt, of course it did, and the break up came with a lot of tears and endless hugs, but in the whirlwind that was my coming to this city and start a new life on my own, I didn't had much time to dwell on it.