Chapter Thirty: Wolves.

We're gonna be starting up trouble, I know.

*****

"I can't believe this one is actually true!" She says with her eyes widening in surprise and disbelief. And I shrug nonchalantly. "I just can't."

The computer is resting on her lap as she scrolls down the screen, and I try to remember how many glasses of wine ago I let her convinced me to do this. And she lets out a full on laugh.

For the last hour she has been reading a whole bunch of stuff about me on the web and I would have to truthfully deny or confirm whatever she'd find.

Most of them were flat out lies that were so resourcefully funny, they had us laughing to the point of having actual tears rolling down our faces; others were highly distorted truths I was too glazed to set straight, I just kept stumbling through the explanations and making it all sound worse, so I gave up trying entirely. And sadly enough, only a handful of them were one hundred percent accurate.

The thing she seems to be so shocked about is, ironically, one of the latter.

"What?" I ask when she keeps staring at me with her arms crossed in front of her, like she's just waiting for me to tell the real truth. "Why would I lie about that?"

She scuffs heavily, shifting her body to face me and almost dropping the laptop while doing it. With a quick enough movement she grabs a hold of it before it is too late, and closes it to place it safe and sound on the coffee table.

"I don't know... To make girls sigh and crumble into a pool of their own drool and other body fluids." She theorizes adorably outraged.

"Like I need to lie to get that done! Please..." I defend myself with a cocky voice as I point at my body in an explanatory fashion. "Have you met me?"

"God! You're such a dork." She chuckles, rolling her blue eyes at me. "If this is true..." She says while she jerks her head towards the computer. "Prove it."

"What? How would I do that?" I ask confused about her challenge.

"Quote it." She challenges me, and I frown. "Give me a quote from the movie, and I will believe you."

"That's stupid..." I scoff like a little kid. "Who would..."

All of a sudden, she gets weird. Having a long zip of her glass before clearing her throat and adopting what I can only describe as a disturbingly serious, menacing expression.

"And I will strike upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers." Her voice is calm, her index finger pointing at my chest. "And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

After she's done with whatever that was she just looks at me expectantly; her seriousness is now replaced by this wide grin that begins to falter with every second that goes by without me saying a word.

"I want to say that I know what you just said..." I finally speak, and her face becomes blank. "But I have no idea."

"What? Are you serious!?" I could swear she might be at the brink of an aneurism right now. "The best speech ever made from the best movie ever filmed?"

"You can quote an entire line from a movie and I am the dork of this relationship?" I move closer to her, sliding my arms around her waist and forcing her to crash against me. I feel her every muscle relent in their tensed attitude and she sighs.

"We have so much work to do." She whispers in my ear when I tilt my head to where her neck meets the shoulders and my lips nibble the skin.

"You bet your pretty little arse we do..."