Chapter Three: ~Something Great~

One day I'll come into your world and get it right

*****

Leave it up to fate to throw you a curveball just when you least expect it. And leave it up to said ball to hit you so hard, it knocks the air right out of your lungs.

That ball, today, does not only have a name and a last name; it has the brightest green eyes you could ever imagine. And they are staring straight into mine, almost mocking me for having believed that I could ever be able to forget them.

In my mind, I make a quick account of the months that went by since that summer day in Congleton, and I can't help but notice that as I do that, my hand goes to the back of my head, touching the spot where I got the blow.

I frown, almost feeling the bump I had and the pain that came with it. I guess the mind likes to pretend that it is all erased and forgotten, to then make you go back in time, remembering every single detail of it all.

I remember the drive back home. The stupid smile forever printed on my face every single time I would search for my reflection in the rearview mirror. I remember feeling like an idiot as I was packing up the rest of my stuff, staring blindly at the one-way plane ticket I had in my hands.

And I remember granting me the last twelve hours I had in that town the license to freak out, to be a normal teenage girl who had just ran into the first –and pretty much only boy– who was ever able to share my heart and mind with ballet.

But as soon as the wheels left the ground, it was over. Harry, along with every other distraction I may have had, slowly backed away to that place where unnecessary thoughts go to hide; and with each foot of height the plane was gaining he started to get smaller and smaller, until he was finally vanished.

So I guess that's the reason why I feel like I am in the middle of a free fall; with my eyes wide open as they notice how the ground becomes closer, along with the things that I didn't thought could matter anymore.

"Yo, Harry!"

The man screaming practically in my ear yanks me from inside my own head, bringing me back to the now overly crowded sidewalk. With a jolt, I bump against him, muttering an apology and trying to make my way out of the horde.

"Excuse me." I say repeatedly to every person that stands in the way between me and the glass doors, and I can hear the desperation in my voice.

"Finally!" A small but strong hand grips me from my wrist and drags me the rest of the way inside the lobby. My frozen cheeks begin to feel the heat of the room and the snow resting on my shoulders falls to the sides as I walk away from the door and to the front desk. "It's a nightmare out there... Did you see who it is?"

She is looking at me with her hazel eyes beaming with curiosity and expectation while I do my best to avoid them as I take out my hat and coat.

Her gaze alternatively darts from me, to the sight at the other side of the main doors but the fact that she is not freaking out about it, informs me that she still has no idea who the newly arrived guest actually is.

"No, I didn't see anything but a bunch of paparazzi." I say as nonchalantly as I can. "Did she notice?" I ask, diverting the topic to a much more pressing one.

I take a quick look around the giant lobby, strategically skipping the door area, and I release a long sigh of relief when I don't spot my boss anywhere near us.

"I don't think so... She has been running around like crazy this morning. Apparently, whoever that is..." She says, jerking her head in the direction I am so eagerly ignoring, "... showed up out of the blue."