~Five~

"Please do come in and sit down, I was just about to eat breakfast." Frederick greeted me where he stood in front of the elevator that took me directly to his penthouse.

           I had asked frankly over the phone, if I wasn't walking into my own death by accepting to meet him at his place. And to that he simply answered that he very much enjoyed the perks that came with his societal statue to ever jeopardize that by killing me or harming me in any way. That had shut me up. I guess I should have known better. It also never hurt to be prudent.

           It was clear that I was mesmerized by almost all that was around me while I following him into his penthouse. From white walls to the cream sofa and modern, elegant chairs; to the glass windows that let the sunlight come in which made the rooms feel grande, bright and airy, to the glass chandeliers and a dining table so big it could easily sit ten people very comfortably.

          "Wow, this place is fantastic." My eyes were wide open. I took in everything, and all that came to mind was how everything fit so perfectly. This was what New York City living should be.

           "Thank you," He quickly looked behind him but otherwise kept walking. "This is actually three penthouses that I bought and remodeled into this place."

            Mind blown, I wondered how long it took and how much he had to invest to make it look exactly how he wanted, how he envisioned,  but I didn't dare to ask, instead I just followed him to an already set up dining table.

           "Please, sit down," He told me as he pulled the chair out for me. "We should probably eat before it gets cold." I smiled and opened the plate of food in front of me.

           There was all of my favorite things like potatoes, scrambled eggs; vegetables, milk and tea and fruits, on the table. It all looked so good that my mouth watered.

          "May I ask, Who prepared all of this?" I asked, hungrily staring  at the food in front of me. I wanted to start eating but I didn't want to be rude and start before he even had the chance to say I should.

         "The chef just left a few minutes before you arrived." He answered, then saw the face I made and started laughing. "Come on, dig in." He picked up his own fork to start eating.

______________

           "Someone needs to remind to never eat this much again." I made an effort to stretch my arms. "I'm so full that I can't even breathe." I complained happily. Thank goodness the shirt that I was wearing fitted very loose on me.

          "I would like to take into account that no one actually forced you to eat everything off your plate. You very willingly did so." He started laughing as he dropped the napkin on the table after he was done wiping away the crumbs from his face that were never there to begin with. "I was right here when you kept shoving it all in your mouth." He laughed harder this time as he looked at  the scandalized expression on my face.

        "How dare you, sir. I'll have to let you know that everything that happened between me and the food was all part of part of a process". Truth be told, I hadn't had anything else to eat beside what Billie had made the previous afternoon. plus, I knew what this all was about.

          This was all part of trying his best to make me comfortable around him, to be a little at ease. And it was working. I've always believed that people who work together should get along, it made for an easier work relation. Granted, we agreed to the terms and conditions.

        I shook his head, a soft smile dancing on his pink lips. Nothing better than a little laughing to appease the seriousness of what I knew was about to happen. If I were going to do this, I needed to know that I wouldn't get screwed over.