~Forty Six~

(guys, so we are back with Eva's POV)

● ● ● ● ●  ● ● ● ●

      "So, are we set on the name?"

        I glanced over at both Billie who sat on the hospital bed next to me while holding the baby in her arms, and Christin Halter who sat in the sofa a few feet away from us and smiled.

         "Arden Erica Halter." I said with pride, my words filled with emotions as I thought of Mrs. Winslet who never got a chance to meet the baby. Not a day had gone by that I hadn't missed her. Except for when I was in the coma, I've had her on my mind, wishing for her to still be with us, missing her so very terribly that my heart would break all over again and praying that she was happy wherever she was.

         Billie switched her attention away from the baby long enough to smile back at me, her eyes a little teary as she did so. "It's beautiful, Eva. Just like her." She then looked back at the baby who was, as expected, fast asleep in her aunt's arms. I had no idea that children slept this much, I had only found out when Frederick had rushed into the bathroom with the information while I was taking a much deserved bath, seven months into my pregnancy.

          I smiled sadly as the thought of him came to mind. I hadn't expected the birth of our child, which was supposed to be filled of happiness, to go this horribly and for me to find myself in a coma fighting for my life, but as everything in my life went, I now had to deal with the aftermath of what had happened to me.

          For what I had been told, I was in the coma for close to a month, well three weeks to be exact and those are the first few weeks of my daughter's life that had been selfishly taken away from me that I would unfortunately never again get back.

          Not to say that I wasn't grateful that she had been found healthy and had been returned to me alive, because God knew I would forever be grateful; but her abduction should have never happened to begin with. I should have never been cut open by those three deranged psychopaths and she should have never been taken out of me this way to begin with. And that's what I would never forgive. I would never forgive them for what they did.

           This should never had happened, it never should have happened and I'm just so furious that it did; I'm so enraged, so hurt, so frustrated at the fact that I had let it happen, that I was vulnerable enough to have made myself an easy target. Lastly, I was was disappointed at Frederick for not doing more to stop this from happening; for not keeping his promise to always be there and protect me, protect us...our family.

           Frederick failed at keeping his promises, but I guess I shouldn't put all the blame on him. I myself should have done more, I should have taken Karlie and Dexter as legitimate threats; but the thing was, I never would have thought it would have ever gone this far.

            To Hate someone this much to the point of wanting them to suffer the way I've suffered both mentally and physically, is incredibly unthinkable to me. But I guess that's one of the reasons why I am so very different from them.

         I don't ever think of myself as a saint, far from it actually. I've made mistakes and hurt people along the way, whether intentionally or not, but to do what had been done to me to someone else, to hurt them this much; I would never have been able to, not even if my life depended on it.

          I shook my head slightly to rid my mind of those painful thoughts, my gaze landing on Frederick's mother who was still sitting in the sofa with her cellphone in hand. I smiled and nodded towards her. "You can let him know, I'm certain he already had an idea of what it was going to be." I told her, referring to the baby's name.