~Forty Five~

(Frederick's POV )

          I laughed as listened to Billie. This had to be a joke and I was going to get a "gotcha" with people laughing the second I stepped back into the room and Eva would be smiling, that smile that I was the only one privy to.

         "Haha, good one Bills, you got me, this is hilarious." I said in a joking manner. "Now, can I go see my fiancé?" I started moving, she stopped me by grabbing my arm. I frowned and looked back at her to find her not laughing.

         "Frederick, stop."

         "What the hell, Billie, let me fucking go, I need to see her." I was getting irritated by the whole thing. All I wanted to do was to go into that room and be with my family.

          "I'm not messing with you. I wish to God that I was, but I'm not. Your mother and I talked to her for hours but we failed at convincing her. She's set on her decision for right now."

           I stared at her dumbfounded, trying to find the words to express what I was feeling at the moment as I listened to her, but nothing was coming out. "What the fuck, Billie? Why?" I tried, really freaking hard to keep my voice leveled and to not yell at Billie because I knew she had nothing to do with this and was just relaying the message to me; but still.

             "I'm so sorry.  She said this whole thing happened because of you and now she's scared that having you close to her won't keep her safe. She said she doesn't feel safe with you around, not anymore."

           "Have you told her that the idiots are in jail and that I was the one who found the baby?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from breaking, the image of Billie in front of me was starting to become foggy. I couldn't take this shit right now, not after all that I've been through. I swear I  deserved a break at some point. This was way more than a person could take without freaking losing it.

         "We told her everything and she said she was thankful to you but that it wouldn't have happened in the first place if it wasn't because of you and your unwillingness to deal with Karlie so it doesn't change anything." Billie responded, her hand coming to rest on my shoulder which brought me back to the conversation we were having and the fact that she was shooting daggers into my heart with every passing second.

           "I'm so damn sorry, Frederick, but I'm sure she'll eventually come out of it. She just needs time. She just came out of a coma, everything is just happening all at once for her." She was saying. I shook my head, coming out of my haze and stared at her, my frown deepened. I stepped back.

          "No, no, screw that. I'm going in, I need to talk to her, I need to hear it from her own mouth. I need her to look at me in the eyes and break our goddamn family." I yelled as I ran into the room, stopping only a few feet away from the bed and from Eva who had passed the baby on to my mother who was sitting in the couch.

           "Eva, babe." I started moving towards her, ignoring the fact that she was shaking her head. She was mine, would always be mine, fuck if I was going to let her do this.

           "Frederick, I'm serious, I can't be around you right now." She said calmly.

          "Please, don't do this. Don't hurt me like this." I looked down as my voice broke, my eyes quickly filling up with those tears that I had kept at bay for more than three weeks now while this shit show was going down. Only she could break me apart like that with only a few words.

          " hurt you? Hurt, you?" She started, her voice getting louder. "I was in a coma for weeks because your ex, that you couldn't control, decided it would be a fun idea to cut me open and take my baby out of me." She added. I knew this was going to happen, I knew it was coming but still, I hadn't expected the blow to hit this hard to the point that I had to take a couple of steps back.