~Sixteen~

"Mrs. Halter, it was such a pleasure meeting you." I told the woman who was currently hugging me, before pulling away to look her in her eyes.

         "The pleasure is all mine, darling." She smiled, as she held my hands. We had stayed at the restaurant for a couple of hours, with me spending most of the time there trying my hardest not to concentrate on the fact that I hadn't stopped bleeding.

         I knew what it meant, I've read that it happened a lot in the first trimester of a pregnancy and that some women didn't even know they were pregnant and just thought they had a late period. I also also knew that there was nothing that could be done to stop it.

        I wish I hadn't found out I was pregnant yet, It would have been much easier to be oblivious, than to know that I was losing Frederick's child and did not have the means to make it stop.

        Because of the fact that we couldn't tell them that I was pregnant anymore, Frederick had decided to instead explain to them what was happening and the reason why.

        What I found interesting was how understanding they were of everything. They knew Frederick had been wanting to have a child for sometime now and since it had never been possible with Karlie because of her career, they had known that somehow he was going to find another way. They were just waiting to find out what.

         "I really hope everything works out for the best and we have a grandchild soon. The Mr. and I aren't getting any younger." She looked over at her son who stood next to her husband and smiled. Frederick shook his head.

       "Mom, Michael has a child." He laughed and I found myself frowning.

        "Michael as in your brother who is currently in Germany?" Frederick had mentioned him in passing but never went too in depth about him or his sister.

         "He is living in Germany, taking care of our offices there." Frederick explained. I nodded my understanding as I looked back at his mom.

         Mrs. Halter leaned slighty over me. "But I still need him to give us a grandchild since his sister swears that she'll never have a child."

         I chuckled softly.

        "His younger sister Ornella, she's a medical student currently volunteering in Africa for a few months. We are very proud of her, don't get me wrong, but she definitely has some growing up to do." Mr. Halter proudly answered as his face light up.

         "Yeah, she's the good one, doing the good work." Frederick joked as his dad's hand rested on his shoulder.

        "We have to go, kids." Mr. Halter said as a black SUV stopped in front of us, the driver coming out to open the doors.

         "I'll call you tomorrow, mom." A quick hug for both his parents and then they were gone. Frederick and I watched the car drive away in the night until it was too far to see anymore before we got into his vehicle and left.

____________________

        "Are you alright?" Frederick asked as he stood fiercely in front of me, not really showing any emotion at all, or maybe just concern.

        I smiled slightly as I stood awkwardly in front of him. The night had taken a toll on me and I just wanted to shower and crawl in bed to sleep it all off.

         "Are you still...?" I nodded, already knowing what he meant.

        "Yes."

      "Should we go see a doctor? Maybe they can help."