~Twenty Seven~

~ Remember the nightmares~
~Nothing is ever as it seems~

___________________

      There was an obnoxiously loud knocking on my front door that was more than surprising and very much annoying. I wasn't expecting anyone to show up at almost ten at night to interrupt my very pleasant evening.

         Frowning, I looked over at Frederick who only shrugged as to say he had no clue who it could have been, his arm was comfortably around my shoulder.

        "You want me to go see who it is?" He put down the bowl of microwave popcorn on the coffee table before he was even done with his sentence.

         "It's okay, I'll go. But, don't you start the movie before I come back." I made my way to the door.

       "I wouldn't even dare." He called after me which made me look to find him still comfortably sitting in the couch, his feet in the spot I had just occupied. My fondness for this man grew each day. He wasn't perfect, but no human ever was.

         I opened the door.

        "Where the fvck is he?" Pushing past me, Karlie entered my apartment completely uninvited as if she owned the place.

          "First of all, What the hell are you doing here?" I called after her, closing the door so the neighbors wouldn't complain about any loud noise.

          She turned her head long enough to stare at me, looking all sort of pissed off, before addressing Frederick who had by then gotten off the couch.

          "You shit, you missed my check up today and for what? So that you can spend time with your good-for-nothing girlfriend while the one who's currently carrying your son is doing it alone?" She spat out her rage like a serpent's venom.

         I had to admit her insults thrown at me did sting quite a bit. But at that very moment, decided to brush it off because I did not want to be on the same level as Ms. crazy. So, I let it go.

         That was obviously me picking out my battles in order to win the war.

      "Mind your tone and your insults." Frederick warned her as he stepped closer. I stood back and watched it all unfold in front of my eyes like an episode of Days Of Our Lives.

        She gave him an incredulous look. "You're unbelievable. So what, it's okay for you to defend her but you don't even give a shit about me or our child?"

         Waving a hand dismissively at her, he turned around to go back to the couch. "You need to stop, I won't possibly be able to attend every one of those appointments and I've told you that. You know I was out of town, I had gotten back to New York City today. I'll just go to the next appointment." He said as he sat down.

        Feeling ridiculously awkward to be standing in the middle of the living room, I decided to busy myself with something, all the while still having all my attention on the drama.

      "Don't you fuckng bother," she started, her expression turning suddenly very cold as she spoke the next words. "But just know one thing, I will make your life a living hell. You will never see the baby once it's born, for that you can be sure of it."