~Eleven~

(Triggering)

(Triggering)

     The man behind me smelled of liquor and a cheap cologne mixed into one which made me gag a little as he held on to me, locking me in a way that I couldn't move and barely breathe.

"Please, please I'm begging you, take my purse and let me go, please I promise I won't say anything." I begged as he tightened his fingers around my neck and started laughing evilly into my ear, his breath disgustingly hit my skin.

"Your purse is not what I want from you, sweetheart." He answered. "You see, you've taken something precious from me and the only way to settle a score is for me to take something just as meaningful from you too, it's only fair, wouldn't you think?" He whispered dangerously into my ear as my eyes become even more blurry.

What I wouldn't give to not be in this situation.
______________

      "Hello?" I answered the phone, barely able to keep my eyes open. I hadn't had the best night sleep. A recurring nightmare preventing me from catching even three hours of sleep. This, was why I rarely got drunk. Getting drunk put me in a weird situation of having to work harder to keep the nightmares at bay.

          "Are you busy?"

          I took my phone off my ear long enough to check the caller ID.

          Frederick Halter.

        Of course it was. The voice alone should have been a dead giveaway, but my brain was still fuzzy from sleep.

          "Frederick, hi." My voice sounding all gravelly as I spoke. I tried even harder to open my eyes to be able to focus on my phone call. He was probably calling to take the money that he had put in my account back. Again, I was very glad I hadn't used it at all.

         Maybe he had already found someone else and needed to speed up the process,  he had wasted so much time in me. Maybe he was still upset that I was stubbornly holding my ground.

         But it couldn't be any other way. I couldn't tell him why I was in such a state the last time we were together.

          I was a fighter, once upon a time. Incredibly strong willed and able to hold my own, but that had been before my "accident"; before my identity and who I thought I was had been taken away, and I found myself unable to gain that part of me back.

          "Can we talk for a second?" He asked over the phone. I fixed myself on the bed to be able to lean comfortably on my pillows. I heard a car honking in the background and wondered where he was.