1

"Jimin-ah~ Come eat!"

Sitting on the edge of his bed, Jimin looks
down once more at the opened
envelope laying in the midst of his palm. This was it. Tonight was the night he was going to tell his mom and aunts the great news. Getting accepted into Seoul's Greatest Hits Dance Studio was by luck. Jimin who secretly auditioned without telling them, finally got in. It was a month after tryouts and he had just gotten back from the park. Walking along his gravel street, Jimin darted towards his rusty metallic mailbox, loosely hanging to the side from its pole, to find the white envelope with the signature embroidery sealed at the heart of the document. Black ink carved in the midst of the front, stating his name and address.
It felt like a dream come true, in fact it was.

Feeling excited all over again, suddenly his bedroom door swung open startling him. Right before him stood his 5'0 feet tall mother: Aeri. She had curly chest length hair colored in brown, along with a tan wool hat warming the top of her head. In a maroon wool long sleeve and dark pants, the 38 year old gestures for Jimin to go downstairs.

"Jimin, come eat," her soft voice barely echoed his room.

Hiding his envelope under his thighs, Jimin
nods quickly. As the door closes Jimin shoves the envelope inside of his pocket while standing up. Taking a deep breath he opens his bedroom door and heads out down towards the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------

Arriving in the kitchen, he decides to take a seat right next to his Aunt Sohyun who was happily eating away at the table. Surrounding the circle table with now resting bodies, everyone began to eat. Dinner for the night was black bean noodles with sweet and sour pork, along with traditional Korean side dishes.

"This looks good!" Jimin compliments. His other Aunt, Aunt Jung takes a seat besides him with a bowl of noodles in her hand. "I made it," she jokes, earning a glare from her younger sister. Sohyun rolls her eyes at her sister Jung before reiterating that her sister doesn't cook and even if she does it's not as good as hers. "Oh stop it you children," the oldest, Aeri, interferes. Grabbing his chopsticks and his bowl full of black bean noodles, Jimin begins eating. As his mom and aunts begin chattering away, Jimin didn't know when to tell them. It will be hard to approach them of the topic. Sometimes in the car, just passing by the studio stirs up conversations between his mom and Aunt Jung about how he should pursue a 'better' career and stop chasing the dancing life. His aunt Sohyun on the other hand was supportive of him and his dreams. She'd do anything to help him, but with her sisters also holding her back, it was hard to even support him. His mind going blur and hands slowly clenching in and out from the sweat being produced, Jimin tries to find a way to approach them. He couldn't just interrupt their conversation.

' I should wait until Later..' he thought to himself agreeing to his plan.

"Did you hear about Mr.Lee?" his Aunt Jung asked while taking a bite out of her rice.
"Hm! Yes I did!" Sohyun yells out while startling her 2 sisters.
"Gosh, you're 28 and you still act like a kid," Jimin's mother mumbles out.
Sohyun rolls her eyes at her oldest sister and ignores her complaints. "You're 38 and you're still complaining about everything I do."

Jung suddenly cackles making Jimin's mom bat her lashes towards her also. Jung then shrugs her shoulders. "Well it's true. Sohyun isn't a kid anymore. She's a grown adult."
Sohyun nods and looks at Jimin.