5

"Jimin?"

Covering both ears with his pillow, Jimin turns over and faces the wall as he doesn't want to listen to anyone, especially his aunt Jung. It was too early for an argument. Pushing the soft cozy pillow against his ears until he hears nothing, the other half of his bed starts sinking down. Opening his eyes to find aunt Jung sitting by his feet, Jimin goes back under his covers so he doesn't see her.

"Goodness, come on Jimin. Please talk to me," plea Jung as her voice was still soft and honey like in the morning. Oh so now his Aunt wants to act all sweet and nice? What happened to being all ferocious the moment he spoke about the dance school? Jimin rolls his eyes underneath his royal blue blanket before Jung could grab a hold of it and yank it off his warm body.

"I'm tired! Leave me alone.." Jimin groans out loud putting the pillow on top of his head. Grabbing the fluffy cushion, Jung yanks it and sat on it making Jimin's body bounce up and down.

"AUNT JUNG!"

"PARK JIMIN!"

There was silence. Never in his life had he ever screamed at his aunt in that way. It was his first and his last. Feeling his face flushed with embarrassment, Jimin doesn't dare to look at aunt Jung in the eyes.

"How dare you raise your voice at me?" said Jung quietly, filling her words with disappointment.
Choking on his words he wishes to spill out, Jimin felt as if his throat was closing up on him. He never meant to make the words come out that way.

" I-I'm so sorry Aunt Jung.. I never meant for it to come out that way! I swear-"

"Stop." Jung brings her hands up to stop Jimin. "I understand that you're still mad about yesterday, especially at your mom and I. We're hard on you because we want you to succeed. We've seen our family members try to do what you do and they fail and become slobs! You have to understand that if you want to succeed in life you need to make better decisions. You can't turn out like them, please Jimin.  Please just... please do something else that'll make you and us happy."

So much for feeling upset with himself for screaming at his aunt. Jimin regretted this as soon as she opened her mouth.

"What don't you understand Aunt Jung? I want to become who I want to be. I don't want to live you and my moms dreams, that wouldn't make me happy. You both want me to be happy right? Well I am! I'm happy that I got into Seouls Greatest Hits and that I have a chance to become a professional dancer. It may take years, but it's okay. As long as I'm happy with my decision."

Jimin stood his ground calmly, trying to put his words inside of his aunt's mind. Seeing as she took a deep breath, she points at the clock.

"Well now that you're awake, you might as well wash up and eat breakfast," Jung quietly says as she gets up and starts making her way towards the door.

She doesn't care about my opinions,
Jimin thought to himself, feeling yet again, shattered.

-

Putting on his shoes, Jimin runs and grabs his navy blue transport backpack off of the kitchen counter.

"Aunt Sohyun! Do you know where my mom went?" Jimin asks as he cups both of his hands around his mouth to produce a louder speaking voice.

"I don't know! I just woke up!" yelled Sohyun from the top of the stairway.

"Okay! Well, I'm on my way to the studio!"

"Be careful!"

"I will!"

-

Walking down the cement sidewalk, the thought of Yoongi's world kept reappearing in his mind. Yoongi was calm. That was about it but he knew so much. If only Jimin was able to ask his many daring questions, that'd answer most of his questions about Yoongi and this Dream world of his.
I can't wait to go back, Jimin thinks to himself, feeling already excited. Arriving into the cities after a good 30 minute walk, Jimin could feel his heart thump since he was getting closer to his destination. Crossing the streets with a herd of Seoul's population, cars honk annoyingly as they impatiently wait for those to cross. Plugging both ear buds inside of his ears, Jimin quickly walks past the deli and made his way around the corner. Girls Day, 'Something,' play from ear to ear as Jimin couldn't help but hum along with the seductive high pitch sound. With people staring at Jimin, Jimin didn't care and threw in a wave with his body starting from his left arm, traveling all the way to his right.
Girls who walked past him blushed as they saw him dance. Old grandmas gave Jimin looks as they ignored the 19 year old and continued gossiping. Smiling as people were impressed by his dance moves, soon Jimin arrived in front of the white and black sign.

"Seoul's Greatest Hits Dance Studio.."
Jimin reads aloud before taking off his earplugs and running up the concrete stair way.
Walking inside to feel the cold air blast in his face, Jimin's dirty water air dried quickly as his forehead wasn't full of sweat anymore. Walking over to a table that said, "New Students," there sat a woman, a general advisor, in her late 30's looking through files and papers.

"Oh! You're a new student right?" said the lady as she grabs a different pile from the previous one. Excitement over filled Jimin as his heart thumped rapidly. "Ah yes! I am." A smile crossed the woman's face as she congratulated him.

"Name please?"

"Park Jimin," Jimin states happily.

"Park Jimin," hums the lady as she flips through the files of P's.

This was it.
This was the moment he was waiting for. The moment of receiving his name badge and being able to walk inside the studio feeling already yet successful. Clutching onto his backpack so he wouldn't do anything regrettable, the look on the woman's face dropped as if something wrong occurred.

"Is something wrong?" Jimin asked.

"I'm so sorry Jimin."

"Sorry for what?" he said as he felt his stomach begin to turn. Did something happened? If so, what?

"Your name is crossed off of the list," she says while looking at her roster.

Jimin's stomach dropped. It was as if his whole world has shattered into bits. His throat went dry.

No, this couldn't be happening.

"W-what do you m-mean my name is crossed off the list?"

The lady sighed, as if she didn't want to answer him. As if she was ashamed to spill out the words.

"A cross off the list means the student decides to drop out. There are plenty of reasons as to why students drop out of Seoul's Greatest Hits. However, primarily recently students have been leaving because of the cost. Our facility understands every students financial situation as we try our best to accommodate and fulfill each student's financial needs.."

He felt his anger building it's way up from the bottom to the top. No, no way. This isn't possibly happening to him.

"But I've never dropped out though!"

"Before you auditioned, every student had to fill out a terms and conditions. This is for the students safety and for our facilities contact with our students parents/guardians. It's also to inform your parent/guardian of anything important. The students themselves aren't the only one that could sign forms when it comes to dropping out. Because you signed the application form and listed a parent, you've also given them consent to take part in any fulfillment to future applications or withdrawals. Did you not read it fully?"

It hit him. His mother.

TBC