3

"Min Yoongi?"

Jimin repeats after the stranger. Yoongi briefly nods, motioning Jimin to take a seat against the tree he got pinned on. Sitting down in the bundles of daises, Yoongi leans back and sighs as he stares deeply at the calm river. Jimin who stood in confusion, awkwardly sat down besides Yoongi who already became comfortable. Both males sat in complete silence between one another with the sound of a distant water fall and birds hovering above them, filling in the void.

Jimin had so many questions! Was this a dream? Is this Yoongi person a person? How did he get here? Why is he here? So many flooding questions filled every square inch of his brain. In middle school he wish he had this many questions when his teacher was asking students if they had any concerns on a mathematical homework. So absorbed in his own little world, Jimin doesn't notice Yoongi asking him a question.

"How did you get here?" Yoongi asks turning to look at the worried boy. Debating if he should answer him or not, Jimin takes this chance to be honest and thorough. "That's what I'm trying to answer myself. Last thing I remembered was me falling asleep in my bed. As I woke up, I was laying in the middle of a gravel road in a forest."

"The last person that went through your phase was 12 years ago."

Clenching onto a rock Yoongi stands up and chucks it hard across the river making it skip across the surface. Looking up at him in full curiosity, Jimin wanted to know what he meant.

"What do you mean?" he asks while brushing off the dirt from his pants taking a stand.
Looking besides him, Yoongi ruffles his own hair and turns to look at him fully.

"What do you mean about the last person here 12 years ago? What phase?" Jimin asked again.

"You really don't know?" Yoongi again questions the question.

"No, I don't that's why I'm asking you."
Plucking a single daisy from beside him, Jimin slumps back down and begins twirling the flower in his hands, patiently waiting for him to answer his question. Because he was so worried about this alternate universe world and Yoongi and how he was going to get back home, he didn't realize how daring cold it was. Wind was present and picking up almost every minute but with no sense of pattern or direction. Skin covered with goosebumps, Jimin pulls himself in, locking his arms around his knees to keep in the heat. After a cold while, Yoongi could be seen from the corner of his eyes, hesitating.

"People who come here have a phase," Yoongi starts out, still looking at the river across from him. Looking up from the daisy, Jimin stops twirling the flower, tuning in.

"Every person that I had ever came across had the same problems..." Yoongi pauses as he stops glancing up from the river.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that you're here for a reason. You're here because something happened before you took a step inside of my world. Inside of my realm. Something happened before you fell asleep. Through your misery, something must've led you here.." he sighs. "When your anger gets the best of you, all you wish is to go some place far... some place dreamy.."

Startled a bit, Jimin remembers what had happened. His mom and aunt going off on him about becoming a dancer, his anger that finally reached it's limits broke him down. Him, jumping into bed, wishing his dad was there. Him, wanting to get away. Looking down and remembering the pain he easily felt Jimin looks up at Yoongi.

"Is that why I'm here?"

Yoongi nods slowly as he too, understood Jimin and how he felt.

"H-how do I get out? How do I get back home?!" Scared, Jimin can feel his heart beating faster and faster. He was scared, scared that he may never see his family again. Scared that he may be stuck here forever.

"Don't worry. You're in a dream, you can still get out by waking up. The only way you can re enter this world is by sleeping."

Jimin still had questions. LOTS of questions.

"So if the only way I can re enter this world is by sleeping, will I be here every time I fall asleep?"

"Depends on how you feel."

"What do you mean it depends on how I feel?!"

Jimin shot straight up. Pinching himself and closing his eyes shut, Jimin starts whispering to himself. Staring at him un-phased, Yoongi shifts his attention back on the steady moving river. Opening one of his eyes, Jimin disappointedly huffed and tried again, this time turning his back to face Suga.
"What are you doing?" Yoongi asks Jimin who kept repetitively pinching himself and closing his eyes.

"I'm trying to wake up."

After hearing these 5 words come out of Jimin's mouth, Yoongi slightly chuckles. His laugh was soft and dreamy, almost transparent.

"You'll wake up like a normal person. Trust me, I know," Yoongi reassures the younger.

"How are you here? And why?" Jimin couldn't help but get to point. All this time spent with Yoongi, he doesn't even know how or why Yoongi was there.

"Your questions just won't stop won't they?"

Jimin shook his head. Yoongi lets out a big deep sigh. Fixated on what was in front of him, at some point he even hesitated to retell the single story of why he was stuck in this dark place. It was getting repetitive like a script, but it wasn't a script. It was a real situation that somehow morphed into this world, the one that he was stuck in. Maybe and possibly forever.

"I'm here because I fell in love with someone a very long time ago. I was what they called a rebel back in the good old days and she was a brilliant, young and beautiful girl. Like most stories, her family didn't approve of me because of my background. I was poor and she was rich. We both lived in two different worlds. Though we did, that didn't stop the both of us. We managed to push through the never ending negativity, and with prayers to our ancestors, we arrived to our wedding.  The night of our wedding day was... unexpected. Her and I got into a minor argument. Little did I know, her boyfriend was there while I fell asleep. I never woke back up."

TBC