Chapter 1

Kirstie's POV: 

I walk into the Sony Building where our recording studio is. Today's a writing and recording day for our new album. As I walk in the front door I see Avi standing at the end of the hallway waiting for the elevator. He notices me right away and smiles at me with a small wave. I'm nervous to see him after everything that happened over the last week. Me having a meltdown and sobbing into his arms, me kissing him, him freaking out at me, me apologizing.... Us ultimately deciding that being 'friends' would be our best bet.

Even though we left on happy terms the other day, for some reason I was worried that things would be awkward between us. Like we'd have to break the ice all over again. Fortunately, he was the same old Avi. And apparently he was pleased to see me.

"Good morning!" I say

"Hello, Miss!" He nods, the Elevator dings and the doors open, "After you," he bows. I'm glad to see he's in a silly mood today.

"Why, thank you sir," I say in my pitiful British accent. We share a small laugh as the elevator moves up. "Ready to write?" I ask. It was a dumb question but it was something.

"Yea I'm  feeling pretty good!" he nodes, "How about you?"

"Yea same!" I reply. And that was it for now. That little bit of conversation was all the confirmation I needed right now to feel back in his good graces. Being friends isn't as hard as I thought... It is Avi after all!

We reach our floor and shuffle out of the elevator. Everyone is already sitting around the studio so we must be the last ones in.

"Hey there!" Scott chimes in from the piano.

"Hey!" I smiled back. I was happy to see him, and everyone for that matter. But seeing everyone here today reminded me that making up with Avi was only the beginning... I've been blowing off all of these people for Jeremy... I've got quite a few friendships to mend...

Later that afternoon...

Scott and I where standing in the recording booth recording some of our harmonies together. Scott spoke first after we pulled our headphones off. "You're in a good mood today." he said

"Yea, I am." I chuckled

"Well, good! I'm glad to see that!" He said patting my shoulder... Here's my chance.

"Hey... Are you busy after this?"

"No what's up?" 

"Wanna go eat lunch with me?" I ask meekly, can't lie I'm expecting rejection here.

"Yea sure!" He said!

"Great!" oh that went better than expected!

We finished up at the studio soon after, and Scott and Mitch agreed to meet me at Panera Bread. I figured Mitch would go anywhere Scott was going, so hopefully I'll get to kill two birds with one stone here.

We're sitting at our table at Panera and lunch actually went really well! It was just like old times, like we picked up exactly where we left off, laughing and sharing our dumb inside jokes. Again I was worried, that maybe I had ruined my chances with these two. It almost seems as though they've missed me... I know I've missed them.

"You're in such a good mood lately!" Mitch said, "Well, I should say you've been in such a bad mood lately... You're in a good mood today though."

"Yea what's been up with you lately?" Scott asked, "You seemed really down?"

"Oh... you've noticed?" I asked

"Of course we noticed! We're your friends!" Mitch said

"Well, Jeremy broke up with me." I said Scott chocked up his soda,

"Are you serious?" Mitch asked with raised eyebrows. I just nodded.

"What?!" Scott shouted

"It's true." I sighed

"Aww, baby." Mitch cooed... "I'm so sorry!"

"How are you feeling?" Scott asked

"I'm doing ok... I mean I've accepted it!" I said "But it still sucks." It was quiet a moment, I wanted to take this opportunity to get out what I was thinking. "Look guys, I owe you an apology... I've been the worst shitty friend ever!" I said "and I'm sorry..."

They just looked at each other. "Oh yea!" Mitch said, "Thanks for reminding me I'm still mad at you about that." he chuckled.

"You have every right to me mad at me!" I said. I'm glad we were at least able to laugh about this. "I'm sorry... and I'm sorry it took this long... and under these circumstances for me to realize my mistakes."

"It's all behind us." Scott said simply.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it!" I said. We got up and threw our trash away. When we got outside Scott grabbed me by the shoulder.

"You know we'll always be there for you right?" he said with a small smile, "No matter what!"

"I love you." I said hugging him. I could cry tears of joy at this moment.

"Love you more." he said. We walked to our cars which conveniently were parked next to one another. 

"So next on the list would be to find Kirstie a new Boy-Toy, yes?"

"Absolutely!" Scott laughed

"Ok, let's think!" Mitch said thoughtfully. "No, No, No, he's gay, he's gay..." He mentally ran down the list of eligible men he knows.

"C'mon! you guys!" I said

"How many straight guys do we know?" Mitch asked. They thought for a second.

"Umm, Avi?" Scott suggested. I felt my stomach drop. I suddenly remembered everything that went down at my apartment the other day. I thought that for a second perhaps they knew all about that falling out we had after I attacked him and forced my mouth on him... poor guy. Then Scott and Mitch burst out laughing, and I knew I was safe.

"No that would never work?" Scott laughed

"Besides, Big daddy is mine." Mitch said getting in the car.

"Oh right!" Scott laughed "We'll get back to you on that." we said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways.

The entire car ride home, I couldn't stop thinking about that small comment about Avi. It was just a joke. Of course I wouldn't seriously be interested in him... right?

Friends.

Just Friends...