Chapter 4

A/N: Date Night!! Hopefully they don't screw anything up! lol Enjoy!!

Kirstie's POV:

I stand in front of my bedroom mirror and look myself up and down, and back up again. I want to look perfect! But, I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hard. I mean, after all it's just a casual dinner date in his apartment. After all, it is just Avi... He's seen me at my best and worst, I'm sure he isn't expecting me to be Red-Carpet-Ready! I decide to go with some dark skinny jeans and a dressy blouse. I lightly curl my hair and go with light makeup, nothing too heavy...

It's just Avi... Sure I want this to be nice but, why am I thinking so hard about this? Why am I, dare I say, nervous? Oh god, I hope I don't say anything stupid, I hope I don't get food stuck in my teeth, I hope he still likes me by the end of this... Above all, I hope this date will help us accomplish what we're thinking it will... And that's to find out how we really, truly feel about each other... If we should even bother trying to go further at all? I look at the clock and realize I'm almost late. After one last glance at my reflection, I'm out the door!

Avi's POV:

For dinner I decide to go with shrimp scampi over a light bed of pasta, with salad. I hope she likes what I made. I decided not to go with anything Barbecue, as that would be too gimmicky. She's put up with years of me going on and on about Barbecue...

For some reason I'm feeling particularly nervous. I mean, sure there's a lot of sexual tension between me and Kirstie. But what if after tonight she decides she doesn't like me as more than a friend? I mean sure I'm happy to be Kirstie's friend, I've always been. I still, however, have these deep feelings for her... I'd still be heartbroken if this ends up not working out. I've got to be practical though, we've been just friends for four years now... so there's a pretty high chance that won't change. But still...

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

That's her! Is it really six already? "Just a minute!" I yell. I glance at the dining table and all the food to make sure everything is in order. I catch a glance at my own reflection in a mirror to make sure I look presentable. I realize I'm still wearing an apron an quickly rip it off, then run to the door.

There she stood. Looking simply gorgeous. "Hey, Kit!" I say

"Hey, you!" she says extending an arm for a hug. I pull her in and she plants a kiss on the side of my mouth.

"You look great!" I say welcoming her in.

"Aww you're so sweet." she says, "Ooh! Something smells really good!"

"Thanks! Shrimp Scampi with pasta! I think you're gonna like it."

"Ooh, that sounds amazing." she gushes, "Oh! I brought us a little something!" she says holding up a bottle of white wine. 

"Oohhh! Good thinking'" I wink at her. She takes off her coat getting a bit more relaxed. I pour two glasses of wine and head back over to where she is, admiring her beauty. "You look great tonight." I say making her blush, "Well, you look great always, my dear."

"Aww, Avi you're too sweet!" she says.

"Just being honest." I shrug, I lead her to the table and we sit and begin to eat. 

The meal goes really well! She liked the food, we had a few good laughs. We never ran out of things to talk about. It was probably one of the best first dates I've ever been on!

We finish eating and Kirstie offers to help clean up. I'm washing dishes she's drying... It's kinda cute how we're both here in the kitchen like this. She finishes putting the plates and silverware away while I'm still cleaning out a pot. Out of the corner of my eye I watch her pick up her wine glass and down the entire thing... uh, oh.

I shrug it off figuring she just really liked the wine until I feel two hands wrap around my waist from behind. I glance behind me and see her cute little smirk over my shoulder. I turn back to the sink and I can feel her pressing small kisses over my shoulder. "Watcha Doin?" I ask

"Nothin'..." she humms lightly

"Are you interested in some dessert tonight.?"

"That sounds good to me." she whispers kissing up the side of my neck. I begin to feel a little nervous. Is this right? I finish rinsing out this pot and place in on the drying rack. I turn around to face her, still wrapped in her arms, and swing my own arm over her back. Before I can think she moves in and kisses me, square in the mouth, slowly moving our lips together.

"This wasn't the kind of dessert I was talking about..." I say in between kisses,

"Well it's the kind of dessert I'm interested in..." she kisses me again, this time much deeper, pushing her tongue to meet mine. I can taste wine on her mouth, and I can feel her small hands moving all over my neck and back. I break this kiss again.

"You think we should?..." I whisper, not entirely sure how far this was gonna go.

"...I want you" she nodded.

A/N: EXPLANATION: I have been very busy and very sick lately... so I apologize for not updating in centuries...

QUICK QUESTION: Should I follow this up with smut... is it too early for smut? Please let me know what you think.