Chapter 13

A/N: Here's a double update as an apology for being absent for about a month... Still... Very, very sorry.

Avi's POV:
There she stood. Her tear-stained face was pink. Her chest moved up and down as she took several deep breaths. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded silently, flicked the light off in the bathroom and moved past me back into the living room. She took a seat on the couch and motioned for me to join her. I didn't know what she was thinking, or planning to say or do so a sat beside her, leaving a generous amount of space between us. "You scared me!" I spoke up. "I thought... I hurt you."
She shook her head and even gave a faint smile. "No," she said, "I'm fine."
"You're crying." I retorted
"Yea... I know," she tried to wipe her eyes and sniffle.
"Sweetheart, why didn't you tell me, you didn't want to?" I asked, "I wouldn't have been mad, or upset. I'd still hang out with you." Of course I realize why she was under the impression that she couldn't say no. "Look," I took a deep breath, "Maybe I've been a little... aggressive... with you lately." I admit. "I enjoyed the sex... a lot! And I thought it was the closest I could get to you, after you told me you didn't want a relationship. So I took your offer... again, and again... and again... And you let me... which made me think it was all that you wanted from me." It felt good to get that off of my chest, yet I still felt heavy with guilt, as if I knew all of this time what a big mistake I was making. "I'm sorry." I finished.
She laid back on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. She took a deep breath and was finally ready to speak.
"You wanted me. And thought that no one did." She said, a few more tears fell from her face. I wanted to stop her right there and tell her how much everyone loved her, but I wanted to let her finish.
"I loved the attention and the comfort you gave me, after someone broke my heart... I shouldn't have used you that way, but I loved the feeling too much." She said. I didn't feel like she was using me, I'd always be in love with her... I told her that.
"Even thought I felt so safe with you, I couldn't bring myself to trust you... Because I was still hurting... From Jeremy." I didn't realize until now, that I hated the name Jeremy. She pulled her knee's into her chest, I wanted to scoop her body up into my arms and never let go, but I knew she was hurting. "I thought that a strictly sex relationship would be a happy medium. I could feel physically close to you... I could feel like someone loved me, without getting my heart broken again... But I know that wasn't fair to you, and I'm really sorry."
I didn't know what to say after that. I sat back myself. We sat in silence, staring at a blank TV.
"Avi?" She said after a long silence.
"Yes?" I asked. She unfolded her legs and sat forward on the couch. She stared at her feet taking a few breaths. I could tell she was thinking hard. "Are you okay?" I asked, moving over to sit closer to her. I hesitated and decided to slide my fingers in between hers. She took my hand and squeezed it a bit.
"Please... Kiss me?" She asked shakily.
"What?" I believe I misunderstood her, until she repeated.
"Please, kiss me." She said looking me in the eye for the first time. I nodded, and leaned in towards her. She met me in the middle, gently pushing her free hand through my hair.
The kiss began and a series of gentle pecks. It didn't take long for that to progress into warm open mouth exchanges. My hand found a place to rest on the small of her back and gently pulled her towards me. I could hear faint moaning coming from her. I hope that meant I was doing something right.
A bit of wetness hit my face as new tears sprouted from her eyes. I broke the kiss right there.
"Baby, please... No more tears." I pleaded holding her cheek. She grabbed my hand, now holding both.
"Avi, I- I love you." She whispered
"You... You-" I stuttered
"I'm in love with you." She nodded, more tears gushing from her eyes as she relieved herself of that.
She's in love... With me?

A/N: Do you forgive me, readers?