Chapter 8

Esther's POV:
Darien and I sat patiently waiting in the sitting area of the restaurant for my idiot brother who was a nice 30 minutes late. I really hope he has a good explanation for this one. My relationship with Darien is getting pretty serious, we're seriously thinking about settling down and I think he might even propose soon. This means we have to find time for him to connect with my family members. Tonight's non-work related dinner with Avi was supposed to be that...
The doors of the restaurant swing open and in rushes Avi, murmuring out of breath apologies. I couldn't tell what he was saying, I didn't care. I was starving! I figured I'd figure out his deal later. Now, finally we can get a table and eat!
After Dinner
"This was so nice!" I say walking out to our car with Darien and Avi.

"It really, was!" Avi said, "I'm so glad we made time to do this!"

"Yea, Thanks for meeting us Avi, I'll have to introduce you to my Brother sometime!" Darien said. We chatted a bit about various random things and hen said our goodbyes. When We got in our car, Darien started laughing suddenly.

"You good?" I chuckled

"Did you uh..." He blushed "daw, never mind!" He laughed

"What?!" I insisted

"Did you notice that hickey on his neck?"

"What?" I gasped "NO! I didn't notice!" He just laughed at my state of shock. "Oh my God!... Do you think that's why he was late?" I asked.

"Yea, most likely..."
I could NOT believe him.
I'm just hoping this means that things with Kirstie where successful...

Next Morning
It was Saturday morning and I was out pretty early running errands. I had to stop by Kirstie's place to drop off a pair of shoes she left in my car after a photoshoot, I swear no one can keep track of their clothes around here... I suddenly remember what Darien pointed out to me last night, about Avi's hickey... I figured while I'm here I could nonchalantly ask how their date went, and perhaps siphon a bit more information.
I knocked on her apartment door and waited. I could hear Olaf bark on the inside. But no answer. I tried to think if I had even seen her car.

"She's not here, Deary." A voice said. To my left stood an old lady wearing a robe and slippers. This, I presume was Kirstie's neighbor. I hadn't even noticed her come out of her room.

"Oh, really?" I asked

"Yup, she left early this morning." She replied. I felt a tad uncomfortable with how much this woman knew about her comings and goings... "I'm surprised too, as late as she stays up at night..."

"Oh..." I wonder if Kirstie knows about how nosy this woman is...

" And as many... Male guests as she has." She says "Well I shouldn't say many... Lately it's only been one... Rather hairy fellow." Go on... "He's one of those hippies with long hair and a beard and everything!" She exclaimed

"Really?" Gee that sounded familiar

"But he's keeping her happy... If you know what I mean..." She hinted " She's a loud one..." I suddenly realized I'm discussing Kirstie's sex life with her neighbor... I gotta get out of here...

"Well thanks for you help!" I said and quickly headed out of the building.

Serves me right for snooping... I found much more than I wanted...