Chapter 12

A/N: Feel free to re-read the last chapter if you completely forget what's going on here... Sorry...

Avi's POV:
"Kirst?" I ask knocking on the bathroom door. "Kirstie? Please... Open up?" I can hear her quiet sobs on the other side of the door. The sound of her in distress makes me sick, even more so because of the fact that it's probably my fault she's in distress. I back away from the door and begin to pace back an forth. I desperately search through my memory of the events of the last hour to find anything that could help me solve this problem. Maybe it wasn't me? Maybe something happened to her this morning that made her sad and she's just now remembering it...
Was Esther right? Are we wrong to have been doing this? Have I been taking advantage of her? Kirstie has always been the type of person to keep quiet when something is bothering her. Maybe she's still thinking about Jeremy? Or maybe... It really is, just me... that ruined all of this for her.
'Friends with benefits' I laugh to myself. I knew this wouldn't work...
I let about ten minutes of silence go by. She's quiet on the other side of the door.

Kirstie's POV:
Why the hell would I do that!?! Just run out of there like a lunatic. What is wrong with me? I feel so guilty now. Avi didn't mean any harm c'mon we do this all the time. Of course he would be thinking we would sleep together tonight... It's what we always do.
But that isn't what I wanted. I just wanted to be with him. I just wanted to spend time with him...
Buck up Kirstin! THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED FOR! You have to be a big girl now and live with your choices! You have a voice, use it! Speak up!
"Kitty?" I hear his deep voice through the door. God I love the sound of his voice... I love it when he calls me that too... I'm not angry at him. I don't want him to leave, yet I'm far too embarrassed to show my face now. "Please talk to me." He says weakly.
"I'm sorry." I say, my voice weak from all of this crying.
"Don't be sorry." He said, "you didn't do anything wrong."
"I ruined our night." I could feel the tears flooding back into my eyes.
"Kit, nothing's ruined! It-it's all okay I promise... I just don't want you to be upset." He said gently. I still didn't want to open the door.
"I- I didn't really want to have sex tonight..." I admitted. I heard him sigh on the other side.
"It might be too late to say this but... You could have told me that..." He offered.
"I didn't know how." I reply "I just wanted to spend time with you... But I thought you'd only want to spend time with me if we we're screwing."
"Woah." He said, clearly taken aback by my words. "Kirst, I thought you only wanted to have sex with me... I thought this is what you wanted us to be like." It was quiet, I didn't know how to respond because he was right. "Can you please open the door?" He asked. I glanced back in the mirror, still concerned about my appearance. I took a deep breath and turned the knob.
There he stood. His forehead wrinkled with worry, he scratched at his beard nervously. Something about him... Made me want to run into his arms, and kiss him over and over again. I didn't want to have sex tonight, but I wanted to feel his touch, his kiss. I wanted to be wrapped in the safety of his embrace. I wanted him to love me like I knew already did. Like the way I asked him not too.
For the first time ever. It is all being made clear to me now.
I love him back.
A/N: Gee, I hope that didn't suck!