Chapter 16

A/N: Last one.

Avi's POV:
"Wait, no, no that's not how I meant it." I tried to backpedal. She just looked at me with those large eyes. "I mean, I love you, it's not that I don't want to marry you, I'd love to marry you but..." I didn't  know how to finish that sentence. There was a moment of silence between us as we both thought of what move to make next.
"How about we go inside and talk about this?" She suggested.
"Right, yea... Good idea." I agreed.
-------------------------------------------------
"Hope I didn't, uh ruin our day." I said once we entered the apartment.
"Oh, no of course not!" She said trying to laugh, but I could tell she was nervous. We both silently settled in, dropping keys and her purse, slipping off our shoes, taking of jackets. She took a deep breath and took my hand suddenly, pulling me towards the couch.
"Ok, so what are you trying to say?" She said plopping down, her face looked worried.
"Er... I don't really know." I said dropping my head into my hands. I felt her small hand gently rub my shoulder. "I bought you something." I said sitting up. "You may hate it. Be honest! If you really don't like it, it's no problem you don't have to take it!" I insisted.
"Avi, if you bought me something I already love it."
"Don't be so sure, princess." I chuckled. She took my one hand with both of her small ones and smiled.
"C'mon..."
"Alright," I sighed. I reached into my pant pocket and pulled out a small black box. I felt it for a while deciding on how I was going to present it to her, but I ended up just dropping the box into her hands. "Here," I said, "I want you to have this." She slowly felt over the velvet box before popping it open. I watched her face intently as she lit up when she saw it.
"Avi," she gasped, "it's beautiful! I love it!" She exclaimed,
"Really?" I asked,
"It's perfect!" She gushed, her cheeks turning red, water filling up in her eyes. "But, why?" She asked.
"Well, that's what I was talking about earlier." I sighed, "I have to ask you... Can you see yourself with me? Like, forever?" I asked. She glanced back down at the box and back up at me, then slowly nodded.
"Really?" I asked
"Yes, Avi." She said, a single tear dropping down her cheek.
"Listen, I know there's a lot going on with you... And that you think you have too many problems for anyone to love you but, that isn't true." I said, "I love you Kirst, every bit of you, everyday... I love you. This might sound crazy but, I know that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I know where super young, and way too busy to get married... Hell, I don't care if it doesn't happen for another ten years... I want you to take this ring as my promise to you. I promise to love you everyday, not because I have to, but because I want to. I choose you, Kit. And I choose this love we have. I promise that everyday, forever, you'll never have to worry about me going anywhere, or losing this passion for you. You are the center of my very universe. I need you." I didn't know where all of those poetic words came from. This woman just pulls that out of me. By this time she was really crying. She threw her arms over my shoulders and embraced me tightly, whimpering a few things here and there.
"Avi... I love you so so much... I don't deserve you." She said in between sobs. I rocked her back and forth, placing a kiss on her neck, until she eventually caught her breath again. She backed up and kissed my lips, quite strongly. Now, I realize that I've begun to cry a bit myself.
"So..." I said "Will you accept it?" I asked
"Yes!" She said laughing through her tears. I brought her in again for another kiss. I pulled the box from her hand and got down on one knee, earning another laugh from her. I took the ring and slid it onto her ring finger. She looked at me with her beautiful smile and I couldn't understand how one man could have it all, like I do. We kissed again, and again. I pulled her down to the floor with me and we rolled around until the only thing Kirstie was wearing, was that ring.

A/N: Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
Wow I loved writing this story! Something that started as a one-shot, based on a comment someone left on an Instagram post... I really enjoyed this and I especially enjoyed all of your support!
*Special Thanks*
msmith738
ObsessedwithTivi
samevans17
For being my friends! And leaving loving supporting comments on everything I do! It means a lot! I love you guys ❤️❤️❤️
If you're interesting in another Kavi story that I'm writing please check out To Live Forever, it's probably not what you think it is from the description lol!
Also please add my book 'Authors Note' to your libraries so that I can better communicate with you on what sort of things I'm up to!
Thanks again!!
Love, Sydney ❤️