Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for the long break since my last update. My laptop is really broken broken... So I'll have to get used to writing on my phone from now on lol

Kirstie's POV:
Avi has been acting particularly flirty with me today during a mini local performance we put on. This is the first I'm seeing him since our last brief get-together at my place that ended in a quickie... I enjoyed it... I enjoyed it thoroughly! At the same time I can't say I'm too proud of that either. I feel like I owe Avi at least some answers as to what I really want, and how I feel. He doesn't deserve to be in the dark.
At least now I actually know how I feel...
So here's what I'm thinking: Me; Avi; Friends with Benefits... Think he'll go for it?
I can't, I simply cannot commit myself to another fully, emotionally invested relationship. I'm not 100% secure with myself yet from my last one. I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair to Avi to put up with the mess Jeremy left.
I'm a big girl. I have to take care of myself, and my needs first. That's the only way any of this will work. I ask Avi to meet me for coffee. I figure if we're out in public we won't be tempted to have sex...
"Hey!" I say sitting down at the table I found him at.
"Hello, beautiful!" He said flashing that wonderful Avi smile of his. I couldn't help but blush, yet this compliment made me even more nervous about what I wanted to say...
"Thank you." I whispered
"Don't thank me for telling the truth," he winked
"Look, I really need to talk about something..." I got right down to it.
"You don't want to see me anymore do you." He replied. I was shocked, and a little offended...I didn't know how to reply so I just sat there with my mouth open while he wore a rather serious expression.
"Avi..."
"It's alright, Kirst." He sighed
"Wait, just let me explain." I started "I've enjoyed seeing you the past couple of weeks, it makes me so happy, and feel so good, and I would really like to continue with that... I just... I can't be in any relationship, at least not right now." He just nodded quietly playing with his coffee stirrer.
"I get it..." He said finally, "So... Just friends?" He questioned.
"Well... And just hear me out!" I pleaded "How would you feel about... a friends with benefits type situation?" I said the last part quickly hoping he maybe wouldn't think too hard about it. He furrowed his eyebrows staring down at his drink. He looked like a mix of confused and annoyed and I knew my idea was not well received.
"So you like having sex with me?" He didn't bother to make eye contact.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't." I said quietly. He almost laughed as he adjusted himself in his seat. Still looking a tad peeved.
"Oh my God," he chuckled.
"I know, I know!" I said "please feel completely free to say no, I'd understand."
" So what? We'd just meet to screw and that's it between us?" He asked bitterly,
"We can still go out-"
"NO... No... Okay?" I hate it when Avi gets shout-y like this. I feel awful. He took a deep breath and began again. "You know me, kirst. There are no gray areas with me, I need you to be in our out!" He stated. Suddenly he was packing up to leave. I couldn't stop him at all, he was angry and I had nothing left to say. "Look... I'll call you," he said getting up and heading straight out the door.

Later that evening...
It looks like another evening of Chinese food, wine and some Lifetime movies to soothe my woe's. I shoveled to lo mein in shamelessly. I felt I deserved this, and was working on wine glass # 2. I was desperate to think about anything but Avi...
*Knock Knock Knock*
Great! I'm in the perfect mood for a visitor. I shuffled through the door, half expecting it to be my extremely invasive next door neighbor, 'Nosey Miss Nancy', to bring me some mail that "accidentally" got put in her box...
But to my surprise stood a tired looking Avi Kaplan. I felt so nervous I could vomit. Is he here to yell at me some more?
"Hey," he sighed. He was wearing different clothes and his hair was wet, as if freshly showered.
"What's going on?" I asked
"I decided to take you up on that offer." He said pushing his way through the door. He shut the door behind him and forcefully pressed me up against it, pressing a hot kiss to my mouth. I didn't know what to think, or how to act. I couldn't totally process what was happening. He wasted no time sliding hands up my shirt and latching onto my curves.

He came here with a clear purpose, and I could tell, he wasn't about to argue with me on this...