Chapter 6

A/N: Writing this while dying my hair ;-)

Avi's POV:

Kirstie left the next morning without saying goodbye. Although she did leave a note.

Avi, Thank you so much for last night! Dinner was amazing, and I really enjoyed myself ;-) I have to leave to walk and feed Olaf. I'll call you! Love, Kirstie

I understood. Last night was absolutely amazing, yet completely unexpected. I mean sure she and I have gotten carried away in the past, but I wasn't expecting us to jump right into sex like that... Of course, I'm not complaining. It was mind-blowing! I feel exciting to start planning for a second date. I can't wait to see her again. I hope things aren't awkward between us now... although that seems highly unlikely, you never can feel with Kirst. More than anything I just want to know how she feels about me, or about us. If she even wants anything to happen between us.

Kirstie's POV:

I couldn't get Avi's 'I love you' out of my head. Sure Avi was an affectionate guy who wasn't afraid of his feelings. We used to be close, best friends, this wasn't the first time he'd ever said that to me... But for him to have said it immediately after sex... Now, that is a horse of a different color.

I care about Avi, as a person, as a friend. I don't want to hurt him. Sexually, I'm obviously way more attracted to him than I ever thought. But that space in between... the space in-between friends and lovers... that in-love space. I'm just not ready for that. I'm not ready to even think about the possibility of that. Not all that long ago I was in that very in-love space with Jeremy. The way he ended up treating me changed the way I even view that space. There's a part of me that doesn't believe that space really exists. That's how hurt I am.

I don't want to stop seeing Avi like this. Is it bad that I don't want to stop sleeping with him? Because that was really, really nice. The kind of love that Avi gives my body is exactly what I need. I just feel horrible that I have to get it from him. I feel horrible that he has feelings for me that I'm not sure I feel back. I can't help but feel like there's a way to make this work for both of us.

Being 'Just Friends' doesn't quite work, but snapping our fingers and instantly becoming boyfriend/girlfriend is just as complicated.

2 days later

A knock on my door pulled me from the book I was reading. To my pleasant surprise, Mr. Kaplan was standing at my door. I was so happy to see him! This was the first we'd seen each other since our date night. "Hey you!" I said pulling him into a hug. "Come in!"

"Thanks," he said squeezing my waist. He gives the most amazing hugs, I swear! "I can't stay long, I'm supposed to meet Esther soon." he said looking at his watch.

"Oh? What brings you by?"

"Umm, there was still quite a lot of wine left over from the other night that you brought over, so I figured you might want the rest of it." He said handing me a brown bag. "I'm not too big on wine"

"Aww that was sweet of you thanks!" I smiled, "Hey, I never got to properly thank you for our date." I said taking his hands "It was great! I had a really good time!"

"Oh? Good! I'm glad to hear that." he blushed "Would you wanna do it again sometime?"

"Yes! Absolutley!"

"Rock and Roll!" he smiled, he was such a dork. "Alright, I should hit the road..." he sighed opening his arms to hug me. I walked into his arm and hugged him right back, he smelled nice. Not like he was wearing any cologne but, just his smell, was nice. I felt his lips press against the top of my head in a sweet kiss. I looked up at him still engulfed in his arms. Maybe one kiss wouldn't hurt?

Our lips connected. The kiss was small, gentle, and slow, starting as a series of pecks. Before I knew it, our mouths had opened and our tongues caressed each others deeply and slowly. I moved my hands up to gently finger his beard. He tightened his grasp around my waist. It didn't seem like either of us was going to forfeit first. So we just kept kissing. 

Then, I'm not sure who took the first step, but suddenly we were moving towards the couch. Still connected by this kiss, still touching each other tenderly. We found the couch, and in one swift movement, Avi had me on my back. He got on top of me pulling at the elastic on my yoga pants as I unbuttoned his shirt.

One kiss wouldn't hurt, right?