Chapter 3

A/N: Ok, so Kirstie and Avi have no chill... What the hell am I supposed to do about this now?

Kirstie's POV:

"ARE YOU TWO COMPLETELY INSANE?" Avi and I sat quietly on the couch in Esther's living room while she paced back in forth, shouting at the top of her lungs. I swear I haven't been yelled at like this since I failed physics in high school. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? AGAIN, ARE YOU TWO COMPLETELY INSANE?" Avi and I sat silently looking anywhere but at her or each other. 

I honestly don't know what exactly happened. This wasn't like what happened at my place. I didn't attack him, neither did he force himself on me. We were talking about his sweater, we started to laugh a bit. We got comfortable around each other, regardless of how terribly awkward this situation was. A few innocent arm touches later and we were kissing... and then my towel fell... honest accident! I swear that wasn't intentional. The truth is... I kind of liked it. The feeling of his hands pressing over my body like a hot iron, his mouth on mine, the urgency in his breathing. I was turned on, and I reciprocated all of it. Am I going to Hell?

"HELLO?!?" Esther shouted, now completely livid, "Somebody had better answer me!" she warned.

"Esther, we're sorry." Avi said quietly

"Sorry?" she scoffed, "SORRY FOR WHAT? YOU DIDNT LOOK SORRY A MINUTE AGO?" Esther stopped, took a deep breath and began again. "Look, I'm sorry..." she said "I'm a little shocked, and I don't know what to make of this... But the two of you have been acting shifty lately, and neither of you can seem to give straight answers to simple questions recently." she accused. "So since I found you... just about, having sex in MY bedroom? Yes, I do expect answers from you." she said "So whats going on here." she looked between us.

"Ok, Ok!" I sighed, "I'll explain." Esther took a seat across from me, all ears. I decided it would be in our best interest not to leave out a single detail. So I started at the beginning with Jeremy and I breaking up, then I told her about that morning in the dressing room when Avi found me by myself and I broke down in tears. I then moved on to how I asked him to come over and without thinking attacked him with kisses when I saw him. "I don't know why." I said shaking my head, "I guess I was just sad and maybe I saw wanting to feel wanted. But when I saw him I just forced myself on him." Telling this story again reminded me of how awful I've been feeling about myself. I still felt like an awful person, and an even worse friend for using him like that.

Avi's POV:

"Hey." I said rubbing her back. She almost looked like she wanted to cry. "It's alright,"

"I just- I shouldn't have..." she said, tearing up at little.

"You made a mistake, Kit." I whispered, "It's alright. Obviously, I'm pretty much OK with you kissing me." I joked, making her laugh a little. She smiled looking up at me. We sat there a moment looking into each others eyes. I felt like I was under a trance. As if she had placed a spell on me. I wanted to grab her and kiss her all over again... just look at her perfect lips.

"Do you guys like each other?" Esther asked snapping us out of it. "And before you say 'no', Your both drooling right now."

"It's complicated..." Kirstie said,

"How?" Esther questioned, "Try me..." She could be really intimidating when she really wanted to be.

"I don't honestly know of I feel yet." Kirst admitted "I mean, I just got out of a two year relationship... and I sort of feel like I have to put everything in my life back together now. I honestly feel confused, because until recently I've never even thought about Avi as more than a friend, let alone doing... whatever that just was with him." we both gave a nervous laugh.

"What exactly was that anyway?"

"Oh I don't know," Kirst shrugged "I mean, I think that felt more mutual... right?"

"Oh I am absolutely just as guilty here!" I laughed, "By the way... that wasn't me that pulled your towel off!" I said

"Oh don't worry about it!" she waved.

"Ok you two, enough being adorable." Esther rolled her eyes, "I guess I already know how you feel." she said looking at me. I just nodded, still embarrassed that I just confessed my love to Kirst like  I did that day. I felt an elbow jab my side, and looked over at Kirstie who gave me her signature side smirk. Almost as if to say "it's okay" and honestly I felt better. "I have an idea!" Esther spoke up. "You two should date each other!" she proposed. "Not like, be all bf/gf-like... I mean like go out on a few real, actual dates!"

Kirstie and I just looked at each other. "Seriously, See what happens if you go out for a dinner and movie together in a romantic setting WITHOUT Scott, Mitch and Kevin there... I'm thinking that might help clarify some feelings."

___________________________________________________

Kirstie and I were out near our cars outside of Esther's apartment. We liked her date idea and decided to try dating each other a bit. So now we were planning our first official "date."

"Umm, so should we go with dinner?" She asked

"Yea I like that idea, easy enough?"

"Any places in mind?" she asked, we went down the list of nearby places ultimately deciding we had been to all of them too many times.

"Oh! Why don't I cook for you?" I suggest,

"Aww, I love that." she smiles "Let's do it!"

"Ok great so my place, Friday night? Say, 6 O'clock?"

"6 O'clock it is!"

"Alright! great, I guess I'll see you then." I smile

She grabbed the sides of my face and kissed me square in the mouth. It was a simple little peck, but it still gave me butterflies. "See ya!" she said skipping off to her car. Something caught my eye from up above. It was Esther looking down at me from her balcony, shaking her head...

Thanks, sis...

I had a feeling I would soon have a lot to thank my sister for...