Chapter 1 → Journey To The Naruto World (Part 1)

Jay's POV

"Emiko, where are you?" I was getting worried now, because whenever I called my younger sister, she would reply in no time; whereas this time, it's like she just disappeared. I've been calling her for the past 10 minutes, and still no sign of her.

Earlier that day, Emiko told me that she was going to the orphanage's playground, while I was busy doing my homework in our room. The lady looking after us was kind enough to give me and Emiko a room for ourselves, whereas the other 9 orphans had to share the remaining 3 rooms. Emiko and I have been living in this orphanage for almost 9 years, ever since our parents passed away. I tried my best to be a good brother and an even better friend to Emiko, so that she wouldn't turn out like some other orphans; sad, lonely and hopeless. Luckily she became a beautiful 12-year-old who's always smiling and positive about life.

"Jay, I'm in the living-room! Hurry, Naruto is starting right now! Surely you don't want to miss the episode where Naruto and his Team try to see what's behind Kakashi's mask!!" Emiko shouted from inside the orphanage. I just shook my head and smirked while walking towards the living-room. When I get there, I find her sitting on the floor with her eyes glued on the TV screen and a serious yet attentive look on her face. I sat beside her on the floor, and I could hear some of the other kids playing outside. We were the only ones who watch Naruto. To be honest, I didn't like it at first, but Emiko forced me to watch it with her, because she didn't want me to leave her alone.

~Timeskip~

"Hey, Jay?" Emiko shyly called me. "Yes?" I replied. "Do you remember that movie, where those kids find a magical world inside a wardrobe?" She asked again. "Yeah, I remember... What about it?" I already knew where this was going, she would ask random questions until she told me whatever was on her mind. "You know, we have a big wardrobe in our room... Do you want to play a game?" She asked with hope in her big, blue eyes. "Uh... Sure. What is this game about?" I gave in, not that I had much choice anyways... Emiko knew how to make me agree to whatever she said or asked, no matter if it was something silly or childish. "YAY! Okay, the rules are easy, at midnight we stand in front of the wardrobe, and we wish to be in the Naruto World, then we hold hands and enter the wardrobe. We then walk until the end of the wardrobe and pretend like we are in the Naruto World, we take our sleeping bags and sleep in there. Then we wake up tomorrow morning and get out of the wardrobe, acting like ninjas! Cool, right?" She squealed like a fangirl while saying the last part. I just looked at her with a bored expression, and her eyes immediately started to get watery, and her smile faded. My eyes widened and I immediately started to apologize "Sorry! I'm so sorry, Emiko! I didn't mean to, I promise! I like your idea, I really do! If I agree to play with you, will you be cheerful again?" I asked her, with a worried expression this time. "Yes..." She whispered, while looking at her shoes. "Okay then, I'll play your stup... I mean your super awesome game" I immediately corrected my error before I made her cry again. "YES!!" She shouted, doing a victory dance. Man, what did I get myself into now. I thought.

~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~

I hope this is not too lame.. Anyways, the picture on the side are the two sibilings, imagine Jay with blue eyes and without reading glasses.. I apologize for the bad quality of Emiko's pic.
I don't own the pictures.