Chapter 10 → The Land Of Waves

Sasuke's POV

We've been walking for some time now, and I could see that Jay and Emiko were hiding something from us. They were walking together at the back of the group, and they were having a very long secretive conversation. Whenever I glanced their way, they would keep quiet and act like nothing happened. My first impression of them was that they were weaklings, but when Kakashi told us that Jay was a Jounin, I couldn't believe it at first. He's only two years older than me and he's a Jounin... Can he really be that strong?...

My thoughts were interrupted when Sakura asked something to Tazuna. I walked closer to them when Kakashi started talking about Hidden Villages. I glanced towards Emiko and her brother, and I saw Emiko staring at me. She averted her gaze and I glance forward, trying to ignore the weird feeling I had when we made eye contact.

Jay's POV

I saw Sasuke glancing at me and Emiko, and he immediately looked forward when he made eye contact with Emiko. "What was that about?" I turn to my sister, who was blushing slightly.

"Uh.. N-nothing."

"Oh really? So why are you blushing? Is the young Uchiha taking his brother's place in your heart?" I smirked at her reaction. Seeing my little sister so flushed and stuttering was rare, she was acting exactly like Hinata right now.

"Never! I was thinking about something, and I didn't realize I was staring at Sasuke. He looks just like him... Hey, there is the famous puddle!" She pointed at a puddle of water a few meters in front of us. I saw Kakashi glancing my way and I nodded at his silent question. He smirked under his mask and nodded back.

"Emiko, I'll leave as soon as those ninja attack us. Remember not to tell anyone about this, and take care of yourself. I love you, sis."

"Okay... Good luck, Jay... I love you too."

After we passed the puddle, I felt two presences behind us and the two ninjas attacked me and Kakashi.

Naruto's POV

I heard Emiko scream, and I turned around, just in time to see two unknown ninjas wrapping Kakashi-sensei and Jay in chains. The two ninjas pulled on the chains and the bodies of Kakashi-sensei and Jay were torn to pieces. Both Sakura and Emiko screamed, and I just froze.

"Two down, time for you to die now!" One of the ninjas said. Sakura and Emiko ran in front of Tazuna to protect him, while one of the ninjas dashed towards me. I was petrified with fright and the ninja threw his chain towards me, but Sasuke threw a shuriken towards the chains, pinning them to a tree. The other ninja appeared to my side and scratched my hand with a weird claw thing, and before he could do more damage, Sasuke kicked him.

Sakura's POV

When the two ninjas gained their balance, they both ran towards Tazuna, Emiko and I. "Stay behind me!" I ordered Tazuna. Emiko was holding a kunai, and stood in front of me. Sasuke then stood in front of her, protecting all of us. Just before the ninjas reached us, Kakashi-sensei appeared and held the two ninjas in a headlock.

"Kakashi-sensei! You're okay!" I was relieved when I saw him.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. Naruto, sorry if you got hurt, I didn't expect you to freeze up like that." He simply said.

After he incapacitated the enemies, he tied them to a tree. We then surrounded the enemies.

Kakashi's POV

I couldn't feel Jay's presence, and I know that he used a substitution jutsu when we were 'attacked'. Where could he be...

I then looked towards Naruto, worried about his wound. "Are you okay... Scaredy cat." Sasuke taunted him. I sighed when I saw Naruto dashing towards Sasuke.