Chapter 21 → The Juno Clan

Yuna's POV

"Yes, Zabuza-san. I heard you were looking for a man named Hoshi. Almost fifteen years ago I met a man with a baby. The man's name was Hoshi. Hoshi Juno, from the ancient Juno Clan. Before I say anything else it's better if I tell you the story of the Juno Clan and how they disappeared for several centuries... Until Hoshi came."

"Wait, Lady Mitsuki. I've never heard of this Juno Clan. And what do you mean that they disappeared for several centuries?" Zabuza blurted out.

"They were the first Clan to live in this world, even before the Sage of Six Paths. They had chakra, but it wasn't like the chakra Shinobi have today. Their chakra was light blue, and they mostly used it to predict the future.

After the Sage of Six Paths created the nine Tailed Beasts, he assigned an important task to the Juno Clan. That task was to keep peace in the world by controlling the Tailed Beasts. It is said that the Juno Clan could control the Tailed Beasts, even if they didn't have the Sharingan, and that they were stronger that the Uchiha and the Senju Clans.

The Juno Clan had excellent chakra control, and a very large reserve of chakra, even better than the Uzumaki's. They could also master all five chakra natures, but most of them only learnt to use one or two. They were also experts in healing and sealing techniques.

They all lived in a small village situated after the tall mountains surrounding the eastern part of the Land of Lightning. Because they had to control the Tailed Beasts, in every village hosting a Jinchuuriki there would be about 10 people from the Juno Clan.

The Juno Clan had very unique traits. They all had light blue or purple hair, and their eye colour was the same as their hair. They would glow a light blue whenever they used their chakra. They had unique jutsus that could only work with their type of chakra among other ordinary jutsus. They could control someone's mind and show them the future or the past. And lastly, they could copy the blood traits of other Clans, like the Uchiha's Sharingan or the Yuki's Ice Release.

It is said that they disappeared a long time ago, but the truth is that all the other clans joined forces to massacre the Juno Clan, leaving no survivors. The Uchiha massacre was child's play compared to the Juno massacre. Every man, woman and child were brutally mutilated and their remains were set on fire. Their village was also burnt and then all the water-users submerged it with their water jutsus. When the water finally dried up, that place which was once filled with children's laughter and merry chatter of villagers became known as the Desolated Lands.

The only reason for this massacre was that the other clans were worried that the Juno Clan would control every single one of them. Because they possessed all those unique and strong traits, they were a threat to other Clans, even though they were trying to keep the peace in the world.

After the Juno massacre, every scroll about them was destroyed. It was prohibited to talk about the Juno Clan, and only the leaders of all the remaining clans knew what really happened to the Juno Clan.

Fifteen years ago, a man carrying a baby came here looking for food and shelter. He had white hair with very faint traces of light blue, and light blue eyes. The baby, which was his granddaughter, had very light purple hair and light purple eyes. He told me that his son and daughter in law died during a mission, and he had no where else to go. I offered him to stay here, and as payment he could help me managing the inn and the hot springs.

He was a very kind man, never complaining about the huge amount of work I gave him nor when some customers were rude towards him. He would often do double the work so that I could rest when I was feeling tired. He was very fond of his granddaughter, Naomi, because she was the only person he loved and had left.

They stayed here for a year, and just before they left, he showed me his most treasured possession: a scroll containing all the secrets and information about the Juno Clan. He confessed that he was the last Juno alive, along with his granddaughter.

He told me that his mother found out she was pregnant on the day of the Juno massacre, so his father, realizing that something bad was going to happen soon, sealed her away in a wooden cup. He then placed a small jutsu that would prevent the seal from breaking, but after 100 years the jutsu wore out and Hoshi's mother was freed from the seal.

Luckily, the wooden cup washed ashore on a river bank before the seal broke, so she walked through the forest until she found a newly-built village, Konohagakure.

She gave birth to Hoshi and they happily lived there for 5 years, until she died of an incurable disease. From then on, Hoshi stayed in Konoha alone for 5 more years, until he moved to Sunagakure when he was 10 years old.

He grew up to be a civilian, because of his unique chakra, and got married. Unfortunately, his wife died after giving birth to their son. Hoshi raised his son to be a Shinobi, as his son didn't have any of the Juno traits.

His son married a girl from his team and they had a daughter. Just a few months after his granddaughter's birth, Hoshi's son and daughter in law died while they were on a mission to gain intel on some rogue ninjas.

Hoshi was devastated, and because both Suna and Konoha would remind him of his lost loved ones, he decided to follow his mother's dream.

Before Hoshi's mother died, she gave him the scroll with information and secrets of the Juno Clan and she told him about his heritage. Hoshi was young, but he understood that no-one could find out about him being a Juno.

Therefore, if you want to find Hoshi, you will have to travel to the Land of Lightning and go east from there, towards the Desolated Lands.

But be careful. Someone used to make experiments with people in those parts, and the monstrous creatures are lurking in the Desolated Lands.

I'm telling you this because I know that you can help Hoshi and Naomi in their task to bring their Clan back, and because Hoshi is old, the only one who can restore the Clan is Naomi.

I know that they are still alive, but they will need all the help they can get to re-establish the Juno Clan. Please, I need you to find them and help them before it's too late!"

Lady Mitsuki started crying when she said her last sentence, looking at Zabuza with pleading eyes. Emiko had tears running down her cheeks, and Haku was looking down, sadness and pity in eyes. Zabuza also held pity in his eyes. I couldn't control myself any longer and walked out of the office. I ran to my room and started crying.

'The Uchiha massacre was child's play compared to the Juno massacre'

I couldn't stop thinking about those words. My father had no choice but to massacre his own clan, and that woman said that the Uchiha massacre was child's play compared to the Juno massacre?!

No-one can compare death. No matter how gruesome one's death is, it's not right to compare it to someone else's death.

To me, the Uchiha massacre was the worst one, because an Uchiha had to do it, with the help of another Uchiha. Killing your own flesh and blood is not child's play.

~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~

Almost a whole chapter filled with Lady Mitsuki's story! As I said in the previous chapter, the Juno Clan is of my own creation, and so is the 'Desolated Lands'.

I would really like to know what you think about A Wish Come True, so please, please comment or pm me!

Feel free to vote and comment :)