Chapter 12 → Tree Climbing!

Naruto's POV

"Are you sure he's okay?"

"For the hundredth time, yes Sakura!"

"Then why isn't he waking up?!"

"He probably needs a few more minutes of sleep."

"But he's been like this for the past three hours!"

"Well, what did you expect? He fought against an S-rank criminal AND he used the Sharingan!"

"Well, don't act like you know everything! You were daydreaming during the whole battle!"

"I wasn't daydreaming, and I DO know everything!"

"Says who?! You're useless! You couldn't even defend Tazuna!"

"I AM NOT USELESS! I ju-"

"Will you two stop shouting? He's awake." Sasuke was glaring at Sakura and Emiko. They looked at him with wide eyes, then glared at each other, before glancing towards Kakashi-sensei with a concerned look on their faces. We were standing around Kakashi-sensei's bed, waiting for him to wake up.

Emiko was a very kind girl, always smiling. Even though lately she was not as happy as she used to be before her brother disappeared. Surprisingly, whenever Sakura and Emiko were together, they would start arguing. Girls... Like Shikamaru always says, such a drag.

Kakashi-sensei slowly opened his right eye, and tried to sit up. Emiko, being the caring girl that she is, helped him.

"Kakashi-sensei! We're so glad you're okay!" Sakura cutely smiled, with her hands under her chin.

"Yeah. I may have used my Sharingan for too long, causing me to pass out." Kakashi-sensei said, with a closed-eye smile.

"Maybe you shouldn't use it if it tires you out..." Sakura said, looking down.

Kakashi's POV

"I just need to practice it more." I reassured my students. I looked around the room, and realized that Jay was nowhere to be seen. Then it hit me; He disappeared when we were ambushed on our way here.

I looked at Emiko, who was looking out of the window with a sad expression. She has been quiet during the rest of the way, except when she apologised for the awkward moment we had on the boat. I know she misses him dearly, he is the only family she has left, and the only person she trusts.

"Kakashi-sensei, what is a tracker nin?" Sakura asked, tilting her head to the side.

"A tracker ninja is a ninja who hunts down rogue ninja when they deflect from their village and destroys their bodies, so their village's secrets will not be revealed to other ninjas. For example, if I get killed by an enemy, they can try to analyse my Sharingan"

Sakura and Naruto slowly nodded, Sasuke hn'ed and Emiko kept staring out of the window. I mentally sweat dropped at the lack of interest -and knowledge- my students have.

"That tracker nin didn't kill Zabuza. Those senbon needles didn't hit any vital points, they merely put Zabuza in a state of 'fake death', momentarily stopping his heart. Another suspicious thing is that tracker nins don't carry the body of the rogue ninjas away, but that tracker nin did. I am a hundred percent sure that Zabuza is alive, but he needs about a week of rest to recover." We all stared at Emiko, even though I already had my own suspicions about Zabuza and that fake tracker nin.

"How can you be so sure? And how do you know all these things?" Sakura asked Emiko.

Before Emiko could reply, I stepped in "I was thinking the same thing. Why use senbon needles to kill an opponent when you could use something more efficient, like kunai or shuriken. Zabuza is alive, so have to train you guys during this week."