Chapter 19 → The Real Mission Begins

Haku's POV

"I can't believe she went to sleep at this time... It's still nine in the morning! I'll go wake her up now." Yuna said.

"Come on, Yuna. Let her sleep. We'll wake her up when Zabuza-sensei comes back."

"Where is Emiko?"

Both Yuna and I looked towards the door, where Zabuza was standing. Yuna smirked and I rolled my eyes at her.

"She is sleeping, Zabuza-sensei." Yuna replied.

She moved towards their bedroom, when Zabuza stopped her. "Yuna, come back. Haku, go wake her up."

This time I raised a brow and smirked at her, while she just glared at me. I entered their bedroom and walked towards Emiko's sleeping figure.

I sat on the edge of the bed and gently shook Emiko's shoulder. Unfortunately, that didn't wake her up, as she just turned her back to me and continued sleeping.

"Emiko... Wake up. Zabuza-sensei is back." I whispered in her ear.

She sat up immediately and I made it just in time to move my head up. She looked at me with a confused yet adorable look. I smiled at her and fixed a strand of her beautiful black hair behind her ear. She blushed and looked at her lap.

"W-what are you doing here, Haku?"

"Zabuza-sensei is back. He asked me to wake you up."

"Oh... Okay, thanks..."

"You're welcome."

I stood up and offered my hand. She gladly accepted my help and placed her warm hand on my cold one. When she stood up, I looked at her pajamas and couldn't prevent a small blush from appearing on my cheeks.

She was wearing a blue crop top with a white bunny in front and a pair of blue shorts that reached her mid thighs. She cleared her throat and I looked at her face. She was blushing and looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh uhm... Sorry."

"It's okay I guess."

I realized we were still holding hands, but she wasn't complaining. We walked out of the room and I let go of her hand before Zabuza or Yuna could see us.

"How nice of you to join us." Zabuza sarcastically said. Emiko and I said nothing, and sat by the table.

"I spoke with the Kazekage, and he gave me a file about Hoshi. He moved here when he was 10. He became a civilian, got married and had a son, but his wife died of child birth. His son was a ninja, and he married his teammate when they were 19. One year later, his daughter in law gave birth to a baby girl, but soon after that, his son and his wife went on a mission and died. When Hitoshi found out about his son's and his daughter in law's deaths, he sold everything he had, took his granddaughter and left the village."

"How long ago did this happen?" Yuna asked.

"Fifteen years ago."

"Did Hitoshi have any friends here?" Emiko then asked.

"No. He only had his wife and his son. His son's wife was an orphan."

"Do you have any idea where we could go now?" It was my turn to ask.

"The Kazekage told me that Hoshi loved nature, and he also created a greenhouse so that he could grow flowers. I know of a place far away from here, not owned by any of the Five Great Nations, where  a huge variety of flowers grow."

"When will we go there then?" Emiko asked, excited that we have a clue of where Hoshi could be.

"We will leave tomorrow. The journey will take at least a year or two, as the exact location of the place is unknown. Plus we have to stop by some villages to buy food and to search for information. And don't forget that we also have to work or do other smaller missions to get money."

"Hai, Zabuza-sensei!" We shouted in unison.

Yuna's POV

"You can go get some supplies that you will need, but don't get into trouble. I'll be staying here if any of you need help."

"Yes sir!" Emiko shouted. She is so happy that we found out something about this Hoshi guy.

"Guys, I already have everything I need. I'll stay here too." I told them, walking towards my bedroom and closing the door behind me.

When Zabuza was telling us about Hoshi, and that his son died without getting to see his daughter grow up, I thought about my father and how he died before I was born. Yes, it was an incurable disease that killed him, but being a ninja sped up the process. I remember my mom used to cry every night when I was younger. There is one episode that happened when I was 5 that I'll never forget.

~ Flashback (In the future) ~

I woke up, hearing someone crying. I stood up and shivered when my small feet made contact with the wooden floor. I slowly made my way towards mommy's room, and opened the door.

I saw mommy sitting in bed, hugging a picture to her chest and crying. I ran towards her and sat on her lap. She looked at me, and I wiped her tear-stained cheeks with my small hands. She gave me a small smile, and I smiled brightly at her. I looked at the picture she was holding and saw a man with long black hair tied in a ponytail and very pale skin in a suit hugging mommy, who had a very beautiful white dress on.

"Mommy, why are you crying over this picture?"

"Mommy is sad because this man is not here anymore." She sadly looked at the picture.

"Where did he go?"

"He is in Heaven now. He is an angel looking over us."

I took a closer look at the man and realized that we look alike.

"Mommy mommy, look! He looks like me! Is he.... My daddy?"

"Yes, Yuna. This is your daddy. His name was Itachi Uchiha. Daddy is an angel now, he will always keep you safe. Mommy is sad because daddy is not here with us, but I know that he will always live in our hearts. Baby, you look just like him, and I'm so glad to have you as my daughter."

Mommy then hugged me, and I hugged her back. She wasn't crying anymore, but I felt a lone tear leave my eye. "Mommy?"

"Yes baby?"

"Please tell me about daddy and how you met."

"I will tell you everything you want to know about daddy when the time comes. All you have to know is that he was a hero."

~ End of Flashback ~

I was lying in bed, silently crying. When I was 8, my mom told me everything she knew about dad, and uncle Sasuke told me how he was when they were younger. Then uncle Kisame told me how dad was when he joined the Akatsuki.

All three of them ended up their stories with 'he was a hero'. And now I will finally get the chance to meet him.

I heard Emiko enter the room, taking some things from her bag and leave again. I closed my eyes and thought about one last thing before I slept.

Daddy... You're everyone's hero, but this time I will be your hero.

~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~

Every time I read a story about Itachi and when he died, I always cry :'(

.
.
.

Feel free to vote and comment :)