Chapter 22 → The Floral Village

Shout out to Atee27!!! Thanks for dedicating a chapter of your book to me! Go check out her book, The Beginning Of Our End. It's a very good book!

Yuna's POV

Ever since the events that happened yesterday, I didn't talk to anyone, not even my teammates.

While Zabuza was paying for the rooms we rented, I was waiting outside. Shortly my team joined me and we started our long journey towards the Desolated Lands.

"Because the journey is long and we have limited time, we will be going straight towards the Lightning country. There will be times when we won't encounter a village for several days, so make sure to pack whatever you might need when we reach a village, even if you already have some things." Zabuza warned us.

"Does that mean we will run most of the time?" Emiko asked.

"Yes. See it as a stamina exercise. If you want to save those people you have to be stronger, and high speed is a great advantage." Our sensei explained.

Luckily uncle Sasuke trained me, and now I'm almost as fast as him. This exercise might help me become even faster.

"We'll run until the sun begins to set. After that, we'll find a place to rest and in the next days we'll do the same thing. Remember, teamwork is essential, so if one of us falls behind, we will all slow down. Let's go." We all sprinted towards the woods, Zabuza in front, then me, and lastly Haku and Emiko running beside each other.

I never heard of the Desolated Lands, so I was a bit reluctant to go there. Uncle Kisame always told me to find out more about my enemies before engaging into a fight, but this time all I knew was that they were people that were experimented on. I never fought that kind of enemy, so I didn't know what to expect. Luckily I wasn't alone, and if we find the old man and his granddaughter, we might find out more about the creatures.

~ Timeskip ~

"Zabuza-sensei, I think it's time to set up camp. Emiko is exhausted, and it will be dark soon." Haku informed us. I glanced back at Emiko, and I saw her almost out of breath, but she was still running.

Zabuza slowed down and we followed him when he turned left, going deeper into the forest. We stopped under a big tree, putting down our bags and collecting wood for the fire. I did a simple fire jutsu and we all sat around the fire.

"If we continue at this rate, we'll reach the Lightning country in three months, if not less." Zabuza said, looking at the map and writing something in a small book.

"I heard that there is a festival in a village not far from here. The village is on our path, so maybe we can go there and see if we can find some information about Hoshi Juno and Naomi." Haku suddenly said.

"A festival? I've never been to one! Can we please go, Zabuza-sensei?" Emiko pleaded with an adorable look on her face, her big, blue eyes shining.

Zabuza closed his eyes and sighed. "Fine. But we will only stay for a day. We can't stop at every village we encounter." He finally gave in.

Emiko started doing her happy dance, and Haku smiled. I tried not to smile too, so I looked at the stars.

"Yuna, do you mind being on guard tonight? You can wake me up when you feel tired. " Zabuza asked me. I nodded, and he went to sleep.

Soon Emiko and Haku went to sleep too, and I jumped on a branch. For the whole night I kept watching the stars and thinking about my mom and the people I care about in my timeline.

When I saw the sun rise on the horizon, I decided to wake the others. We quickly ate breakfast, packed our things and ninja-jumped on trees to reach our destination faster. Everyone was unusually quiet, but I didn't mind. Within a few hours of running we finally reached the village where the festival was going to take place. The place was filled with tourists, and there were flowers everywhere.