Chapter 9 → Jay's Second Dream

As I said in the previous chapter, this is a filler chapter. There will be no fighting scenes here. I have to warn you though, there will be some things that might confuse you, but all will be explained later. Enjoy :)

~°~•~°~

Emiko's POV

We've been walking for a few hours, and it was getting dark soon. Kakashi stopped and glanced at all of us. "We'll camp here. I'll keep watch first, then it's Jay's turn. Sasuke, you're after Jay. We'll continue our journey at sunrise."

I unrolled my sleeping bag beside a big tree, and I sat leaning my back on the tree. Jay came towards me and sat beside me, and I could feel his uneasiness. I glanced his way with a worried look. "Jay, what's wrong?"

"Emiko, do you remember when I told you about my dreams before we got here?" He was looking at the ground in front of his feet. He was avoiding my gaze for some reason, and I know that it meant something bad was going to happen.

"Yes... But at that time we didn't know that we were going to end up here..."

"I know, but that didn't change the way I feel. I know you won't like it, but it's the only choice we have left to prevent the catastrophe and the death of several people. I have no choice." He gave me an apologetic look, and took my hand in his.

"Jay, what are you talking about?"

"I'm going to make my second dream a reality. We can't change everything, but I know that if we do our best, we can save their lives. I promise you that I'll do everything in my power to save them."

"Jay... Can't I come with you? I don't want you to leave me..."

"I'm sorry, but if we have to do this right, we have to split up. You are too weak to join them, and I know that they will let me join them if I tell them about my special ability-"

"Which special ability?"

"I can show someone any episodes of Naruto or Naruto Shippuden if I touch them or if I make eye contact with them. There are disadvantages though. The first one is that I can't mix episodes from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. The second one is that I can't show the person their death or something I haven't seen from the anime. The advantage of it is that while I can stay in the person's mind for 12 hours, only a second passes in the real world."

"How do I know if I have the ability?"

"Touch someone and focus your chakra on your fingertips. You will enter the person's mind, and you can just think of a scene from the anime you want to show them. It only works if that specific scene is about the person. If you are unable to touch the person, you can concentrate chakra to your eyes and as soon as the person makes eye contact with you, you can enter their mind."

"Oh... Thanks... When do you plan on leaving?"

"Soon. Maybe before we encounter Zabuza and Haku-"

"So soon?! What if I can't save them? And what if they kill you? The Akatsuki are S-rank criminals!" A lone tear slid from my eye. Jay released my hand and held me in his arms, holding my head to his chest and one arm around my waist. I started crying, and I could feel his shirt getting wet from all my tears.

"I'm sorry Emiko. They won't kill me, don't worry. I will be careful around them. I believe in you. You can do this. For yourself, for me, for the peace of this world. I love you, you'll always be my little sister. When I'll see you again you'll be a very strong kunoichi, I know. I don't want to leave you, but I have to. Please don't tell anyone about our plans. And be safe, especially during the Chunin exams." He loosened his hands around me, and wiped away the tears from my face. I looked at him with a determined look, but pain was evident deep inside.

"I will do my best, I will become stronger. I love you too, big brother... Don't worry about me, I know what happens during the Chunin exams, and I won't tell anyone about our plans... But what about you? You'll be making your second dream a reality, yes, but you'll be known as a rogue nin-"

"Not really. I spoke with the Hokage before we left. Remember?"

~ Flashback ~ (this will be in Jay's POV)

I watched Emiko leave the room, and as soon as she closed the door behind her, I turned my gaze to the Hokage.

"Lord Hokage, I have a special ability. I can show someone their future. I think that Emiko also has this ability. There are some events in the future that Emiko and I want to prevent from happening, without changing the future too much. But in order to successfully complete our mission, we need to work with different people. Therefore I ask you to please allow me to join the Akatsuki. I have to work with them for 5 or 6 years. I will gather information about them while I complete my private mission. I am loyal to Konoha, therefore I won't become a traitor, even though everyone will think so. You can say that I am like Itachi Uchiha, to save Konoha he accepted a mission that would make him look like a traitor. So, will I be sent on this mission or not?"

The Hokage stared at me in disbelief, then he composed himself and stared at me with an unreadable expression."How do you know about Itachi Uchiha?"

"I know both the past and the future. Part of my ability. I can prove it to you if you want to."

"It's not necessary, I believe you. Very well, I will give you a S-Rank mission, which will last for 6 years. You have to gather as much information about the Akatsuki as you can. I allow you to join them if it makes your mission easier, but you can't hurt Konoha Shinobi under any circumstances. You will start this mission during The Land of Waves mission. No one must know of this-"

"Lord Hokage, Emiko knows that I wanted to join the Akatsuki as part of our plan."

"Fine by me. As long as she is the only person to know. One last thing, please be careful. "

"I'll be careful, Lord Hokage. Thank you. I have one last request, please look after my sister."

"Of course, Jay. I will look after Emiko like she is my own granddaughter. Good luck for your mission."

"Thank you Lord Hokage." I bowed and left his office.

~ End Of Flashback ~ (Back to Emiko's POV)

"So that means that you can safely come back to the village, even though you will be seen as a traitor by everyone..."

"Yes, Emiko. But I am doing the right thing, I don't care about what others think of me. As long as you know the truth, I couldn't care less about some villagers' view of me. I personally dislike traitors, but if I have to be one to bring peace to this world, so be it."

I smiled proudly at him, and Kakashi walked towards us. "Jay, Emiko. It's late, you should rest now. We have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow."

"Okay, Kakashi-sensei." I then turned to Jay "We'll talk later. Goodnight." Kakashi left and Jay stood up. "Goodnight, Emiko... Don't worry, I'll let you know when I decide to leave." He took his sleeping bag and placed it next to mine, and he slept. I glanced at his sleeping figure one last time and went to sleep.

~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~

I made up that ability :p ... But I don't know what to name it. If you have any suggestions, please PM me or comment ^_^

Feel free to vote and comment :) ♪