Meeting the Alpha

For the past 3 hours I have been getting ready for the party with my moms help. She was finishing off the touches to my hair.  

"Mom can I ask you a question?" 

"Of course honey."

"Have you heard from Kaiden? It's been a while since I have from him, and I never hear his name being mentioned anymore it is like he never existed."

"I know you miss your brother but he has his own life to live, and he wanted to explore the world and not be tied to pack life."

"But he adored this pack growing up, he was training so hard to become the best possible Alpha he could be and then he just left without even saying goodbye."

"Sweetheart, things change and people change. Maybe he found something worth more than this pack. Kaiden loves you and his family but maybe he needed to explore the world for himself. He'll be back soon, we just need to be patient."

"I know."

My mom finished up my hair, I stood and admired myself if the mirror. I looked gorgeous I could never have imagined I would have looked this good."

"Oh my Moon Goddess Sky, you look so beautiful, my baby is all grown up." my mom said with a smile.

"You look gorgeous darling." my dad said as he came into my room. he gave me the biggest huge.

"Thank you."

I made my way downstairs where Chloe, Jasmine and Jake where waiting for me. 

"You look ravishing." Jas said

"You really do look gorgeous." Chloe said as she smiled

"Me, you girls look amazing."

Chloe was in a stunning blue gown, with silver jewellery matched with a blue and silver clutch bag, whereas Jasmine was in a purple bodycon dress, that came just above the knee with pearled jewellery and a purple off the shoulder clutch.

I hugged them and we started to take loads of pictures. 

"Jake are you not going to say anything?" My mother asked him.

"She looks alright." he said I bothered

I just rolled my eyes.

"You're not going like that are you?" I said to him as I took in his appearance, he was in joggers and a tank top.

"I'm not going to some lame party, I'm staying here."

"Whatever dude, just don't go in my room."

All he did was smile.

There was a knock at the door, it was a car coming to take us the palace.

During the drive, we sang, we dranks thanks for the complimentary champange and we took even more pictures. We pulled in the palace gates and I was mesmerised, the palace was huge. There was a red carpet laid at the entrance, photographers at either side of the palace stairs ready to take pictures of all the eligble women who could potentially the future Luna Queen by the end of the night. We stopped at the palace steps and a royal guard opened the door for us, as we made our way up the stairs, cameras flashed at every direction. All I could do was smile and wave, I didn't know what to do I just wanted to get out of there it was crazy. We entered the ballroom and it was just as busy, it was filled with so many people it was hard to move around, I clung on to the girls for dear life as there was no way I was losing them amongst all these people, my anxiety would not be able to take it. 

We mingled for a while, saying hello to people we knew. We danced and we drunk but nothing was really happening. Time was going by and no sign of the King. Everyone was starting to get restless with anticipation waiting to see the Alpha King in the flesh. From what I have heard the King is very private, he likes to keep himself to himself. I don't think any one in this very room had actually ever seen him in person, I guess thats why everyone is excited.