An Unexpected Reaction

Taylor and I kissed. I haven't been able to get it out of my head, like we kissed. TAYLOR AND I KISSED! I kissed Chloe's mate, and I feel terrible about it, and I know what you're thinking, "she slept with your mate, all you did was kiss hers." Even if it was a stupid kiss, it doesn't stop me feeling bad about it. Since that night it has been extremely awkward for me to even speak to Taylor, he's tried to message me and stuff but I just can't face him, let alone talk to him. Today I was going to try and avoid thinking about it for now as today I had a hospital appointment to see how things were doing with the babies, as it won't be long until they are here. The only thing I was truly worried about today was seeing Logan, I mean we haven't really spoke and the last time we did it didn't go so well. Regardless of how awkward it might be Logan has a right to be there today, they are his children too. I just hope he doesn't sense that anything is up with me. I know that all of this will come out eventually but right now I just wanted a peaceful, non-stressful life is that to much to ask. 

I was just about finished getting ready when the door bell rang. I headed downstairs to answer the door. It was Logan waiting with a bunch of flowers.

"Hey Logan, you are a bit early. Our appointment isn't until 12pm."

"Hey, erm... yeah I thought I'd come early as we need to talk Sky." he replied

"Oh okay, come in." I said nervously, what could Logan want to talk about.

I let Logan in and we headed straight for the living room. We didn't say anything to each other, we were just stood there in silence, which was making me nervous, did he know about the kiss? Was that what he wanted to talk about? 

"These are for you." He said gesturing towards the flowers. 

"Thank you, they are beautiful." 

"It's no problem."

"So, you wanted to talk?" I asked

"Yeah I did." he replied bluntly

"About what? " I questioned

"About us Sky, I want to talk about us."

"Logan we've been over this." I replied

"I know but I'm not giving up on us Sky, you're my mate and I love you. Yes I know what I did was fucking stupid and I regret it every single day and will continue to regret it for the rest of my life. But I want to fix things not just for me but for our unborn babies, I want them to grow up with both parents, I don't want to be one of them dad's that just sees their kids every weekend and miss out every major thing they do and say, I want to be with them through everything." he exclaimed

I was in shock, I had no words.

It was silent for a while.

"Skylar"

"Logan, I know you mean well and I know you are trying your best to make things right again. I understand that you regret what happened and you'll probably never be able to forgive yourself. But I have to be honest with you, I just don't think I can see past it. I've tried believe me I have but all I can picture is you two together and I can't stop thinking about it. Every time I look at you or think about you, I get a constant reminder of what you two did and the pain I felt for weeks. You and Chloe were the few people in my life I thought I could trust, but you both ended up hurting me in the worst way imaginable."

"Sky if you just give me a chance...". He interrupted.

"Logan I'm not finished." I exclaimed

"Sorry." he replied

"As I was saying, I will never be able to forget what you two did but I am willing to forgive not for my sake but for our children. Before you jump to conclusions this is not me taking you back straight away, it's us taking baby steps."

"I'll accept baby steps." he said with a smile.

"Would it be okay if I kissed you?" He continued.

"I think a hug will be just fine." I smiled.

He smiled back and we embraced each other.

It felt so good to hug him again, it made me realise just how much I missed him. I just hope I'm not making the wrong decision by forgiving him.

We pulled apart and just stared at each other.

"Well I guess we should get going or we are going to be late." I said looking at the time

"yeah...lets go." he stuttered.

We grabbed our things and headed out.

The drive to the hospital was short but very quiet. Logan and I didn't speak much, it was quite uncomfortable I must admit. We pulled up outside, I headed inside while Logan went to park the car. 

I checked into the hospital and waited in reception. Almost immediately I was called in to the doctors office, which was good as I didn't really like waiting. I must admit sometime I can be very impatient. Logan came in just in time as I was getting called in. 

"Sorry it took me so long, I had a phone call off Taylor."Logan said

I froze

"Anything important?" I asked nervously.

"Oh just that he needed to tell me something"

I began feeling even more nervous now what would Taylor want to say to him. Would he tell him about the kiss?. This couldn't end well for any of us.

We entered the doctors office and was greeted by Doctor Alex.

"Welcome back Skylar, how have things been?" he asked

"Everything has been okay, no complaints. I replied cheerfully

"Thats good, so if you wouldn't mind lifting up your top and we can get things started." he smiled

I did as the doctor said and he placed the ultrasound scanner on my stomach and began moving it around.

Nothing was happening for a while I was beginning worry and the doctors face wasn't giving anything away which made we worry more. In the end I was worrying about nothing because the sound of two faint heartbeats filled the room, Alex turned the screen around and there they were our small healthy babies. I teared up a little bit, I was so happy. I looked over at Logan and he was trying to hold back his tears of joy, I grabbed his hand a smiled at him.

"How are our twins doc?" Logan asked

"They are perfectly fine and healthy." he said with a smile.

"Any chance you can tell us the gender of the other baby?" I asked

"I'm sorry Luna, it seems he or she is still hiding behind their brother."

"I'm guessing he or she is going to be our little troublemaker." Logan said

"I guess so." I smiled. 

"Not long to go now, I'd say you have just over 3 weeks left and your beautiful twins will be here." Doctor Alex said. 

Hearing him say I only had about 3 weeks left made me feel really nervous. In about 3 weeks time our babies will be here. It felt unreal. 

Once the scan was finished, we picked up our scan photos and headed back to my house. I was over the moon. I was full of happiness that nothing could take this feeling away from me.

That was until we reached the car and saw someone standing in front of it.

And that someone was Taylor.

So Sky has partly forgiven Logan, has she made the right choice??
Taylor wants to talk to Logan, what do you think it's about??
About the kiss? About their friendship?

Stay tuned for the next chapter of
Mated To The Alpha King!