Same Day, Different Drama

"Kaiden"

"Hey little sis, you miss me?"

It was Kaiden. My older brother. It had been three years since I had last seen him. Without thinking I ran up and jumped on him and gave him the biggest hug. I was ectastic. 

"Where have you been?" I asked 

"I've been travelling, seeing the world. It was amazing Skylar, but I missed home, I missed you, the family, the pack. I needed to come back."

"I'm so happy you are well, and safe. I missed you" I said as I pulled him in for another hug.

My brother was back and I had just found my mate. Life really couldn't get any better. My happiness was short lived, when a piercing growl radiated through the air. Logan was standing behind me, eyes yellow and snarling. 

"Logan, it's not what you think. Let me explain."

"Oh it's not what I think, well it sure looks like it.  My mate being a little slut, jumping on other men the minute my back is turned."

"Excuse me.  Did you just call me a slut? How fucking dare you. Kaiden is my brother who I haven't seen for the last three fucking years.  I actually can't believe you Logan." I said as I barged passed him and headed straight to my room where I broke down in tears. 

How could  my own mate calling me a slut? He never he gave me an opportunity to explain myself before jumping to conclusions. I would never betray his trust like that, how could he even think that?  

"Sky. It's Kaiden. Can I come in?" Kaiden said

When I didn't answer he came in anyway.

"Sky. He didn't mean it. Honestly he's your mate, he's just protective over you even more so now that you have mated. When seeing you with another man he doesn't know, it is going to drive him insane. I was the exact same with Nick. I think all males are like that. We can't help the way we react, sometimes we say hurtful things like Logan did but believe me when I tell you he is beating himself up down there knowing that he upset you."

"I know you are right. The things he said really hurt Kai." 

"I know but we all say stupid things we don't mean Sky."

"You are right."

"So you going to come back downstairs?"

"Yeah."

Kaiden and I headed downstairs towards the living room, I was immediately engulfed in a hug.

"Sky, I am so sorry about what I said my wolf took over and it all just got out of hand."

"Logan it's fine. I had a talk with Kaiden and he made me realise that it was your instinct as my mate to react like that. I understand that seeing me with someone you are unfamilar with will drive you insane."

"Thank you for understanding."

Logan placed a soft kissed on my forhead as we hugged again.

"Now that is resolved. How have you and Nick been Kai? We really missed you." I said cheerfully. 

""I wish we could all say the same." my dad said

"What do you mean by that dad?" Kaiden said.

"You know exactly what I mean! How dare you step foot back in this house know this shame you have brought upon this family."

"The shame that I brought. You were the one who kicked me out and denounced my Alpha title once you found out I was gay. 

"Wait what? Dad... Is that true?" I interrupted.

There was just silence

"Well?"

"Yes it is true Sky.  I didn't want you to find out this way but you were bound to find out at some point. Your brother is nothing but a disgraced, he and his little mutt of a mate will not be staying under my roof."

"Dad, how can you say that? He is your son. You are treating him as if he is nothing but dirt on your shoe. So what if he is gay? It doesn't change the person he is or will be. He isn't hurting anyone. Kaiden will always be the sweet, charismatic, strong boy you raised and loved. I can't believe you would even say that." 

"I just can't accept it Sky, it is not right."

I stood there in shock. 

"Is that the reason why Kaiden left 3 years ago?"

My dad nodded.

"I have never been more ashamed of anyone than I am of you right now. You are the only disgrace I see in this room. As I see it you have not only lost a son but also a daughter." 

Before anything more was said, I headed up to my room and started to pack up my things. 

"Sky you are not thinking straight  just because he has a problem with me doesn't mean you should throw your entire relationship with him. Kaiden said as he entered the room. 

"Kaiden, do not defend him! He doesn't deserve it." 

"How come you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't tell you because I was looking out for you. You were young and you love dad,  I didn't want your opinion to change of him. I didn't want to be the reason why your relationship broke down"

"That wouldn't have been your fault Kaiden, I would have found out eventually."

"You are right"

"Kaiden can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure"

"Who else knew?" I said

"Mum, dad and Jake"

"What everyone else knew and not me"

"We never told you because we wanted to protect you"

"I get that I am the baby of the family but I don't always need protecting. "

There was an awkward silence between us until the he said something.

"So are you still leaving? "

"Yeah, I'm moving in with Logan today. Great timing wouldn't you say? You know I was so sad today when Logan mentioned I had to come and packed my room up and move somwhere new, away from my family, my old life but now I can't wait to get out of here. "

"Its understandable Sky."

"So where are you planning on staying?"

Before he could answer, Logan walked in and answered it for him.

"Him and Nick will be staying at the palace with us"

"What do you mean?" Me and Kaiden said in unison

"After the incident I saw downstairs and how your father had treated you. I am disgusted. I went straight on the phone and I have had one of the guest rooms made up for you and your mate for as long as you need. I won't have my mate's brother and mate sleeping in some grotty motel. I have also set up arrangements with the royal guard for you to be able to train and fight with them.

"Logan are serious?" I said

"Yes of course. I only want to see you happy my love and I can see how much you love your brother, and Kaiden is not only your family but he's mine too now and family is important too me."

"Thank you so much Logan. It really means a lot. I'll go and tell Nick." Kaiden said excitedly.

"Honestly Logan you're the best, I couldn't ask for a better mate." I said as I kissed him.