Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus
Request for Chris the Witch

Loki blew out a soft breath, his emerald eyes hidden behind pale eyelids. His arms were outstretched with his palms out as though he were surrendering to an argument. The air was still and quiet as a blue light cascaded over the room. The walls expanded and pushed out, offering more square footage. You had complained a few times about how cramped your bedroom was, but you couldn't afford a bigger apartment and you didn't want Loki conjuring up money to pay for one. The last time he'd conjured money, it appeared to be counterfeit when the cashier held it up to the light, and Loki was almost arrested.
He wasn't sure you'd approve of him magically modifying your bedroom, either, but he figured it was better than fake money, especially if you couldn't tell from the outside. His spells were specially crafted so that only you and he could see the difference. The apartment looked exactly the same on the outside, and if any officials came by for an inspection, they wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
He smiled softly to himself and lowered his hands as the blue light diminished. He looked around, proud of his work. The room had expanded enough for another dresser and plenty of floor space. One of your issues was that between your bed, your dresser, your nightstand, and the cabinet holding your TV, there was hardly any floor space. Loki made sure there was plenty of room without feeling cramped.
"I'm home!" you called, closing the front door behind you.
"In the bedroom!" he called back.
You padded softly through the apartment, wrapping your arms around the god in your bedroom. He smiled and returned the hug, pressing a kiss to your head. "What are you doing in here? You usually hang out in the living room or the kitchen."
"Look around," he replied, using an arm to gesture to your newly refurbished room. You stepped further inside and looked around, gasping in surprise. You could see that the walls had expanded and that there was an empty space in one corner.
"You made it bigger?" you asked, turning to face him.
"You said you wanted a bigger room," he smiled.
"The landlord-"
"-won't notice a thing," Loki finished. "It's only noticeable to us. Guests and apartment officials won't see a thing."
"Aw, Loki," you smiled. He pulled you against his chest for another hug. You buried your face in his neck, letting out a giggle when his stomach rumbled.
"Come on," you smiled. "I'll go make dinner."
"Let me," he insisted. "You've been working all day."
You smiled up at him with a nod and followed him out of the bedroom.

As you reached the kitchen, he snapped his fingers to turn on the light. You whispered "Lumos" under your breath, giggling softly to yourself. He turned and raised a brow at you, causing you shrug in reply.
He shook his head, figuring it was a movie reference. You'd made him watch a handful of your favorite movies, but he didn't understand humans' interest in watching recorded tapes of other humans interacting.
He approached the gas stove and waved his hand over it, causing a flame to ignite beneath the front right burner.
"Incendio," you said a little bit louder. He turned to you with a pointed look, knowing you were making a reference that you knew he didn't understand. You giggled again and shook your head. "It's nothing, honey."
You sat down quietly as he began cooking. He pulled a frying pan from the drawer beneath the stove and set it atop the flaming burner. He reached out one hand, magically opening the door of the fridge and levitating the eggs out of the shelf.
"Wingardium leviosa," you said with a grin, not bothering to be quiet.
Loki let out a sigh and turned to you. "What is it, love? You keep mumbling something and you know I don't know what it means."
"It's Harry Potter," you replied.
He stared at you blankly.
"It's a movie series," you explained. "My favorite movie series."
"Why haven't you shown me?" he asked gently while the eggs fried in the pan. "I thought we watched all of your favorites."
"I didn't think you'd want to," you admitted, looking at the ground. "It's got magic so I thought you might get offended because it's not real magic like yours. And there are eight movies so I didn't think you'd want to sit through all of that. And you don't seem to enjoy Midgardian movies so I gave up."
He sat beside you at the table, wrapping his hands around yours. "I want you to share things with me. If you love a movie, I'll watch it. If you love a book, I'll read it. If you find a new favorite food, I'll make it. I want you to tell me these things so I can enjoy them with you."
You smiled softly at him and nodded.
"How about you go get the film movie started while I finish the food?" he suggested.
A grin claimed your lips as you nodded enthusiastically. You all but ran into the living room to get everything set up. Loki chuckled softly to himself as he plated up the eggs, grabbing two forks from the drawer before heading out to the living room. You were already seated on the couch with the remote in your lap as the opening credits rolled across the screen.
He chuckled again, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. You hummed along to the intro music, leaning against his side.

For the next week, you ran around shining a flashlight at things and shouting "Expecto patronum," but at least Loki finally understood.