Love Yourself - chubby!Reader

Love Yourself
Justice L.A. Scott
A/N: the request also included that reader end up with the Avenger of my choice. I thought Loki would be fun.
"Could you do one where the reader is curvier than most women but isn't afraid to show it and proud of it and the avengers love her for it."

An excited grin split your lips as you shuffled into your bedroom and closed the door behind you. You tossed the shopping bag you acquired at Rue 21 onto your bed before rifling through it. It was payday, and you had been working so hard lately that you felt you deserved a little self indulgence. So you had gone on a small shopping spree- thank whatever god you believed in that Rue 21 always had sales going on- and had finally returned to the Tower to enjoy your efforts. You plucked your favorite pieces of the pile of clothing you had bought and ripped off the tags before changing into the new outfit.
You stood before your full length mirror, admiring your choices. The faded blue-grey denim overall shorts clung to your thick thighs and exposed your sides, which were exposed beneath your black knit crop top. The short sleeves revealed your arms, which you left bare to show off the new bracelets you had bought. On your feet were black combat boots, and your hair was twisted up with your new hair pins.
A knock sounded on the door as you tightened the straps of your overalls.
"Come in," you called, glancing at the door as it opened.
In sauntered your Asgardian boyfriend, Loki. He smirked at the sight of you admiring your reflection.
"New clothes, darling?"
You nodded eagerly. "What do you think?"
He crossed the room to stand before you. His hands slid down your sides, resting on your exposed hips. He groaned in approval. "You know I love any outfit that accents your beautiful body."
You giggled softly, standing on your toes to peck his lips. "I saw the overalls and I just couldn't resist. And they work perfectly with this shirt!"
He chuckled at your excitement. "I've always loved your confidence in how you look. It was one of the things that attracted me to you. Too many women are concerned with having the perfect body; looking the way the world wants them to. More of them need to think like you; dress how you want and the world be damned."
You smiled. "You've always given me confidence. That's one of the many reasons I love you. You made me feel beautiful, and that feeling has never gone away."
His arms circled your waist and he kissed you passionately. "You are beautiful, my Queen. Don't ever forget it."
You hummed into his mouth, only parting when another knock came upon the door.
"Sorry to intrude," Natasha greeted, smirking. "We're all going out for dinner. Are you two coming?"
Loki raised a brow at you. "Are you hungry, love?"
You nodded. "In all of my shopping, I never stopped for food. I'm starving."
Loki chuckled, reaching for your hand. You laced your fingers with his, your other hand grabbing your phone and keys before he led you out the door.

As you all sat around the table, enjoying your meal, you could see eyes wandering in your direction. You knew people were comparing you to the other women at the table - the thinner women. Natasha caught a man whose gaze shifted between the two of you, and she looked at you with a raised brow. You simply shrugged, leaning into Loki's side as you took another bite of food. He smiled down at you, kissing the top of your head. The God of Mischief loved you - that was all the confidence you needed.

When you were all done with dinner, you and Loki opted for walking home. It was a warm night, and you loved the way the city lit up with life.
Your hand held Loki's, your fingers laced together as though they were created to fit perfectly. You smiled up at him, feeling perfectly content by his side.
A slender brunette spotted your rather handsome date and sauntered up to the two of you. She stood before Loki, trying to wrap her arms around him despite his obvious attempts to move away from her.
"You're gorgeous," she purred. "What are you doing with her?" She nodded towards you, disgust evident on her face.
"She's my girlfriend," Loki replied simply. "And you're disrupting our evening."
"Why would you want a cow like her when you could have a model?" She pressed her chest to Loki's, angling her curves to emphasize her point.
You rolled your eyes. Letting go of Loki's hand, you took a handful of the brunette's hair and roughly pulled her away. Letting go, you pushed her, causing her to stumble back and nearly trip over her stilettos.
"He isn't interested," you growled, standing beside him. His arm wrapped protectively around your waist. "Now get the hell out of here before I pop your inflatable boobs."
She scoffed, sneering at Loki before turning and storming away.
The god let out a chuckle. "Every day, I fall more in love with you."
You beamed at him as you continued your walk home.

When you returned to the Tower, everyone had gathered for a movie night. They invited you and Loki to join, and you happily agreed. You returned to your bedroom to change into a tank top and pajama shorts. Loki followed your lead, pulling on a tank top and sweat pants.
Back in the living room, he sat on the couch and pulled you onto his lap.
"How was your walk?" Steve inquired as he sat in a recliner.
"My girl here almost unleashed her wrath on an alleged model," Loki stated with a grin.
Tony raised a brow. "Care to elaborate, (y/n)?"
You shrugged. "She tried to flirt with Loki. She called me a cow. I pulled her away and told her that I'd pop her fake boobs if she didn't leave my man alone."
Cheers sounded from the rest of the team. Loki tightened his arms around your waist, kissing your cheek.
You snuggled into his chest as tonight's movie, Breakfast Club, began. You sighed softly, looking up at your godly boyfriend. He dipped his head to capture your lips before you both turned your attention to the movie.