Chapter 3

Los Angeles, California

"Just 5 more minutes.." Cameron groaned.

His alarm clock was going off for the 3rd time, and every time it did, he would continuously bang his first on it, until it stopped. There was a sudden knock at the door. Cameron shoved his face into a pillow and yelled. The knocking continued until he eventually pulled himself out of bed to answer the door.

"WHAT DO YOU-" he said opening the door. When the door opened it was his sister.

"OMG SIERRA!" He yelled.

"Cameron!!" She mimicked.

He quickly pulled her into a warm embrace. He hadn't seen Sierra in months, not since him and his mom had gotten into a huge fight. Neither one of them had fully recovered emotionally from the argument, and Sierra was like their Switzerland. Neutral.

"Cameron what are all these bags for?" She asked puzzled. His eyes widened. "OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT."

He sprinted to his room and started throwing clothes into another duffle bag.

"IM SORRY SIERRA! BUT I HAVE TO BE AT THE AIRPORT AT 7!" He yelled.

"FOR WHAT?" She asked slightly annoyed.

"Long story." He called out,"no time to explain. I'll call you when I get to where I'm going!"

He sprinted from the bathroom, and shoved his tooth brush and toothpaste into his bag.

"Cameron I demand that you tell me where you're going.."

She was obviously concerned. But Cameron had no time to waste. He was already 30 minutes behind schedule, and he wasn't going to waste another minute.

"Sierra." He said bluntly.

"No, Cameron. You hurt mom. You're not hurting me too."

"Oh I hurt mom?" He scoffed. "What ever happened to mom hurting me?"

Anger rushed through his body. He was infuriated that she was going to blame this all on him. He grabbed his bags, his phone, and his charger and shoved by Sierra.

As he walked out the door he turned to her and gritted his teeth. "When you're ready to come see me for me without discussing her.. then you can come back."

                                          ❁
Biloxi, Mississippi

Kirsten had been up all morning. She had cleaned her entire house, done the laundry, done the dishes, and had still managed to make breakfast for her and Jacob.

"JACOB!" She yelled "BREAKFAST IS READY!"

He moped his was down stairs and into the kitchen. He looked up at her with the angriest, and most annoyed look.

"What's the occasion?" He asked sleepily.

"See.. I kind of.. befriended Cameron.. Dallas.. And he's kind of.. On his way here."

Jacob was super protective of Kirsten, which was probably another reason why she had never had a boyfriend. He looked up at her and shook his head.

"Kirsten.."

"No! Stop! You get no say in this! And besides! We're just friends Jacob!" She pleaded.

"Kirs-" Jacob began, but was cut off by Kirsten's phone ringing.

"Ohh speaking of him!"

She walked into the living room to answer the call so Jacob wouldn't bother her about it.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi!.. So I have some bad news.."

It was Cameron. He sounded really upset and she just knew it was coming. The rejection. The "I couldn't make it I'm sorry" Type deal. This had always seemed to happen to her.

"Please tell me you're still coming."

"Well you see.. The good news is I'm still coming! The bad news is, your columns in front of your house need to be repainted badly."

She laughed unaware of what he had just said.
"Cameron how did yo-" she dropped her phone cracking it from the top to the bottom.

She didn't care. She knew what was on the other side of that front door. Better yet, she knew who. She ran to the front door and pulled it open surprisingly without even checking to make sure she was presentable.

"CAMERON." She jumped into his arms and laid her head on his shoulder. "OH MY GOSH HI."

He smiled into her hug. Her embrace was just what he needed after that miserable flight. He had spent it the whole time replaying the argument he had with his mom and wondering where he had went wrong with his own family.

Jacob had gotten restless waiting on Kirsten to return. He stumbled to the front door to see them hugging.

He cleared his throat. "MHGHMM."

Cameron carefully threw Kirsten down and looked up at Jacob. To Cameron, Jacob was a giant.

"Uh...hi."