Chapter 15

Kirsten's mouth dropped.
She ran out of the bathroom, and after him.

"What did you say?" She asked as though she was trying to make sure her ears weren't fooling her. 

"You heard me." He growled, grabbing his jacket.

"Cameron.. I.."

He glanced at her. Staring through her eyes and deep into her soul.

"Yeah. You didn't know. Obviously."

He went to grab the door handle to leave, but turned around. He reached into his pocket, and through the small box at her feet.

"You know, I know we've only been together for about 6-7 months now, but I fell in love with you. To think that you'd pick your brother over me, your psychopathic brother, over me, the father of your child, just blows my mind. when I heard you were pregnant I was terrified, but I was also overjoyed because the love of my life, would be with me, and we were going to have a child together. I trust you. With everything in me. I love you with everything in me. And I wish I could hear you say the same."

Cameron turned towards the door to leave again, but turned around one last time.

"I still love you, and I always will. If only my love was enough to keep us going, I'd think we'd go on for eternity. But the problem here is, I give all of my love & you give none."

Kirsten, stood before him in tears. She glanced down at the ring, and back at him. As much as she wanted to stop him, she knew nothing she would do or say could.

He gave her a final glance, then turned, walked out, and slammed the door behind him. She had no idea if he'd be back, or where he was going. But one thing was for sure, their relationship was through, and as for Jacob, so was theirs.

She had never truly picked Jacob. In fact she had never said yes or no. But Cameron had taken her silence as a given answer, and the fact that he was her brother.

Kirsten believed that she couldn't blame anyone but herself and the only thing she could do now was hope to god that Cameron would come back, and that Jacob would leave.

                         ❁

7 Months Later
Los Angeles, California

Kirsten had become enormous. Her belly was large and plump. When she found out she was having a little girl, she was thrilled.

She hadn't heard from Jacob at all in the past 7 months, and as for Cameron, she had gotten one letter a couple of months ago. She had just never sat down to write back.

Everything had become too much. The pain for Cameron was unbearable. So he did what he knew best. He wrote a letter.

My dearest Kirsten,

Out of all the letters I have written to you, I must say this one has to be the hardest.

I know these past few months have been the hardest for us, and to think that it's all my fault, breaks my heart more and more each day.

My love if I could keep us going with love alone, you know I would. But sadly, sometimes, not even love is enough to fix what has been broken.

I know that I can never amount to the pain that you are feeling, but My heart aches for you everyday. Oh how it aches.

I'm sorry that my love couldn't keep us going. I am sorry that I wasn't enough. & I am especially sorry that I wasn't able to save our relationship.