Chapter 13

Los Angeles, California

"No." She thought. "I can't be pregnant. There's no way."

Kirsten became anxious, and quickly drove herself to the store. She bought pregnancy tests, some motion sickness pills, and a few sprites.

She made it home and went straight back to the bathroom, took out one of the pregnancy tests, and urinated on it.

Please don't be pregnant. Please don't be pregnant.

"Positive."

Kirsten was pregnant. She began to quietly freak out. She didn't know what to do. Should she tell Cameron now? Or wait to tell him? Or should she just terminate the pregnancy and not tell him at all?

"I can't do that.." She thought.

She didn't know who to call, so she called the only person, who was really the only family she had left.

"Jacob?"

"Yeah it's me what do you want?" She could tell by his tone that he was still angry about her leaving.

"I.. I.." She began to cry. She was terrified. She was only 19 and was definitely not ready to be a mother. "I'm pregnant.." She blurted.

The other line went silent, and then it hung up. Now the only one she trusted enough to tell, was too infuriated with her to care.

Kirsten decided she would call Cameron and tell him.
She picked up her cell phone, and dialed his phone number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey baby, is everything alright?"

His voice made her heart break into a tiny million pieces. She just wanted him there with her, to comfort her. Over the phone she wouldn't know how he would react.

"Actually.. It depends on how you wanna take it.." She said.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"Cameron.. I'm.. I'm pregnant." She tried to make herself sound thrilled in hopes that it would make him thrilled too.

Again, his side of the line went silent.

"Cameron.. Please. Please say something." She pleaded.

There was another long pause, and then he said,"I...I have to go. Bye."

                         ❁
New York City, New York

"I...I have to go. Bye."

Cameron hung up as fast as he could. He was 20 years old. How could he become a father now? He had a huge career ahead of him.

He shuttered at what he had done.

'Shit shit shit shit.'

He kept tracing what Kirsten had said over and over again in his mind, and yet he still could not comprehend it.

He couldn't think of what to do or say. He had to hang up on her. What was he going to do if not? He decided to call his mom.

'Come on pick up mom.'

"Mom." He said bluntly.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Mom, I made a mistake, and I don't know how to fix it." He said. His now sweaty palms were tightly gripping his phone.

"Well honey, you have to tell me so we can talk about it?"

He began to sweat profoundly, and started pacing back in forth in his hotel room.